English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Blue Economy I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Blue Economy I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Blue Economy I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Blue Economy I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Blue Economy I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Blue Economy I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Blue Economy I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Blue Economy I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Blue Economy I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Blue Economy I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Blue Economy

2 posters

Go down

Blue Economy Empty Blue Economy

Post by Misor Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Nowadays when global warming is affecting our countries in the way of worse rain periods or really dry summers.

I came up with a series of videos in which they talk about the blue economy. So let me introduce the blue economy concept

Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Blue Economy Hug10 Blue Economy Sunflower_Icon Blue Economy Coffee10 Blue Economy Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Blue Economy Empty Re: Blue Economy

Post by Anita Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:21 pm

It looks really interesting and necessary. The question is, are governments eager to get into this trendy vision of the future? Companies and governments only care about business, profit and conveniences. And we citizens depend on them, sadly. For example, ACTA would kill this blue vision instantly.

While this blue economy is reasonable, it depends more on how the industry and the elite cooperates (which I truly doubt) and the wisdom of us as citizens and consumers; we must stop being selfish, too.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Blue Economy Medal10 Blue Economy Hug10 Blue Economy Pooky10 Blue Economy Cockta10 Blue Economy Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 pm

I agree with you, maybe governments and entrepreneurs doesn't care about this new way of economy.

But, the thinsg is with us the new generation who can change the way we think and make money. As you can see the blue economy stands for creating employments and of course profits. So believe me, if, as I want, I start my enterprise it will work as a blue economy.

Writing I'm planning Elephant
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Blue Economy Hug10 Blue Economy Sunflower_Icon Blue Economy Coffee10 Blue Economy Cockta10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 am

How can a freelance worker set up their own business based on the Blue Economy, for instance, in your case? Very Happy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Blue Economy Medal10 Blue Economy Hug10 Blue Economy Pooky10 Blue Economy Cockta10 Blue Economy Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:55 pm

It wouldn't work only as a business but as a way to contribute from our homes.

For instance. In my case I would starting a VermiCompost, which is a special kind of compost in which you use worms to create compost. So worms will eat all your garbage, specially organic wastes, and their litter is earth which you can use, for instance to start a farm in home. This is the idea I want to start in Vanessa's house. Before starting it in my parent's flat.

Other important thing, is that after worms reproduce, you can make food for your pet rich in protein from the worms.

In that way you make useful everything. Your wastes, the worm castings and the worms themselves. You save money (in terms of food you grow, the food of your pet that you make, and don't contaminate the environment)

I want to start this holidays with the Vermicompost using red wigglers. After that planting strawberries, onions or tomatoes Very Happy and after all making Salomé, Luna (vanessa's cat), Tony and Princesa (vanessa's Dog) food Very Happy

And as a way of business in long term. I would make the same but in a bigger scale.

And the business will sell organic compost, pet food, organic vegetables and fruits and a school for dogs. Also to get some more incomings and benefits I would like to sell pure breed dogs and cats. Oh my god how ambitious.

Finally, with the incomes I would set up a shelter for street dogs.

And of course producing no wastes which is the goal.
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Jose, do you remember Gerardo, in the Specialized II group? He did some VermiCompost, I guess he still does. And it's a practical and very easy procedure to do at home. I guess we'd need to get some more information about the right practice of the VermiCompost, but in the end it's not rocket science, it's just a matter of making it purposeful and practical.

It seems like good business! Yes! Is it pricey to set up a business such as the one you've mentioned?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Well, I haven't calculated the cost, but I think the most expensive thing would be the space to do it, I mean, the land where to locate the project.

And, of course it would demand too much time.
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum