English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
I'm back I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
I'm back I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
I'm back I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
I'm back I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
I'm back I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
I'm back I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
I'm back I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
I'm back I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
I'm back I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
I'm back I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

I'm back

4 posters

Go down

I'm back Empty I'm back

Post by T'ani Rein Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi, everyone. For those of you who either don't know me or don't remember me, I go by T'ani and I'm a lover of languages. I was a member of the original forum but I moved and didn't have internet access for months.

I've studied German, Russian, Spanish, French, Latin and Vulcan, though unfortunately I am not yet fluent in a secondary language.

I like to draw portraits and write fiction stories of all kinds. I also enjoy teaching people.

I am in the process of enrolling in school to be a chef, after which I plan to move to California to live with my best friend. I'm excited about starting this new life journey.

I missed all of you and I'm glad to finally be back. Smile
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

My Mood : happy

Back to top Go down

I'm back Empty Re: I'm back

Post by Anita Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Hug Welcome back, T'ani!!!!! Welcome

Static How great it is to have you back!! And I'm glad your life's about to tuen into an exciting journey to become a chef!! Applause My very best wishes for you in this new stage!! Shake

I missed you, as well. And I look forward to keeping in touch with you. I also expect your life continues having lots of these beautiful and rewarding surprises you deserve! Yes!

Hi5! Welcome back, my dear T'ani!!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : I'm back Medal10 I'm back Hug10 I'm back Pooky10 I'm back Cockta10 I'm back Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by T'ani Rein Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks Smile
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:02 am

Welcome back T'ani Rein I was missing you and I'm happy too that you're back.
So you will get a chef, I think this is a great option and I hope that you can get this goal very soon.

Best wishes
Nicole
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : I'm back Medal10 I'm back Coffee10 I'm back Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:23 am

Hi Smile
Welcome back (though if I am honest, didn't notice you'd gone..... scratch )
Cooking is very popular nowadays.
Me.... I just do the eating bit....... Donuts
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : I'm back Sunflower_Icon

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T'ani Rein Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks, Nicole, I missed you too Smile. I'll send you some food zebadee lol.
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:49 am

zebadee_19 wrote:Me.... I just do the eating bit....... Donuts
Now we're two! Hi5!

Sarcastic
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : I'm back Medal10 I'm back Hug10 I'm back Pooky10 I'm back Cockta10 I'm back Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by T'ani Rein Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Hey, guys.

Funny story. I saw Anita's revival thread and went to post this awesome life story and then I messed up somewhere and lost the post heh. So here goes, this will probably be a little condensed.

I go by T'ani here and according to time stamps, it has been about 5 years since I posted, and a lot has happened. At the time of my earlier posts I was living with my father in Illinois (US) and was working to get into a vocational school for culinary arts training. Around that point, though I attempted to get a job, I was unable to do so and therefore didn't have an income and nearly starved. Now, I know what you're thinking. "

"Hey, T'ani, weren't you living with your father?"

Well, yes. But our relationship was never really what one would call normal and we were both kind of in our own worlds and at some point or another, I guess my well being took a back seat to his golfing hobby or what have you.

Anyway, Anita did me a great service and helped me get food (at this point I was only eating maybe twice a week, I lost a lot of weight and by the time I finally got into school, I had low blood pressure and other health issues due to the weight loss) and kept me going until I could get into school. This training was unique, in a place called Job Corps, which is a government program in which you stay on a campus and receive free training at the exchange of living in a very strict environment which many have compared to jail.

That being said, I was fed 3 times a day which was already much more than I was getting at home, and I was finally beginning to shape my life into what I wanted it to be. The experience was both good and bad, sometimes scary or frustrating, but it changed my life. I was finally able to get a job and hold on to it (something I was unable to do before Job Corps) and I ended up meeting my husband there. Our 4 year anniversary is on May 22nd of this year and I don't remember a time where I was happier. 

I was glad to see that members are still active, especially Anita, to whom I owe for her gracious generosity. I still have the card you sent me those many years ago. I have for you only the greatest of wishes and I'm glad I was finally able to let you know how you have helped save my life. 

-T'ani
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Hey, dear T'ani! Hug
I'm more than glad to read your likes and keep in touch with you!  Yay!

Wow! I can see your life's changed substantially and, thank God, for the better! I'm happy to know you've got a loving husband who's always there for you, making your days happier. It's great to read your health's improved, as well, and that you're enjoying your current job!

What programme did you complete in Job Corps? Was it related to culinary arts?
T'ani Rein wrote:The experience was both good and bad, sometimes scary or frustrating, but it changed my life.
Wow! Why was it scary sometimes? I didn't know about Job Corps. I searched on the web after reading your post. It seems to be a very interesting opportunity for people who want to succeed professionally despite having financial limitations. You accepted the challenge, you were up to it and, consequently, managed to graduate and get a job you deserved. Congratulations, dear T'ani! I'm sure it's one of your many achievements in life!

Wow! Time flies! It's been five eventful years! I'm really happy for you! I wish I could have done something to help you, dear... But it was God as well as your unflagging determination which helped you get over your earlier situation. I hope that, eventually, you and your father can improve your relationship. However, the fact that you didn't only get by but you managed to improve your life, self-esteem and conditions must make you really proud! Applause

I send you a tight hug, packed with all my best wishes! I'm thrilled and delighted to read your post, and I hope we keep in touch! Hug Please say 'hi' to your husband!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T'ani Rein Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 am

I took culinary classes in Job Corps.

What was scary?

Well, there are a lot of things I could say about this. Up until this point, I had been in such a rut that I had no faith in myself and had conceded to the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to get my life back on track and I thought I would always be sleeping on someone's couch or what have you. Job Corps was the first instance in my life where I had complete control of my own life, which was good of course, but also new and forced me to face that part of myself that had lost all hope.

On the other hand, it wasn't the safest of places. We did have security on campus and lots of structure but there was also a fair amount of gang activity on center (many of the students there were at risk youths who grew up in gangs and were court ordered to attend Job Corps) and drinking and drugs were an issue despite a zero tolerance policy. 

All in all though, finding my husband made up for all of the bad, and I will let him know you said hi. Smile
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Hey T'ani, I'm very happy to read your post and know that your live had changed in this positiv way. I Can believe that it is not easy to change such important things in your live.

I send you my best wishes and I hope we can keep in touch here in the forum.

Nicole
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : I'm back Medal10 I'm back Coffee10 I'm back Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm

It's wonderful to learn people's lives change for good! Applause T'ani has soldiered on bravely, and now she's reaping what she's sown. Success is what you deserve, dear!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum