English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Typical Health Myths I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Typical Health Myths

3 posters

Go down

Typical Health Myths Empty Typical Health Myths

Post by MusicElf Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Have you heard any kind of myth about health?
For example, when there is total moon your hair grows better, or the fact that green apples are better to stop sleeping than coffee, or the myth that fish lovers are also more intelligent. Let's talk about those myths, as well as how true they are.
Happy
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Typical Health Myths Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Typical Health Myths Empty Re: Typical Health Myths

Post by Misor Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 am

What a coll topic as our culture is full of myths! Happy

My father says that when is total moon he can not sleep as well as when it isn't.

In my case it happen the contrary, I mean, when is total moon I feel I sleep more deeply.

Another one is from my mother, She says that apple water helps her to fall asleep.
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Typical Health Myths Hug10 Typical Health Myths Sunflower_Icon Typical Health Myths Coffee10 Typical Health Myths Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Green or red apple, Jose? It's the green one which have this oxide that works just like coffee. Cheesy

There's a theory that claims boys cannot use laptops on their laps; otherwise, they'll become infertile. Does anybody here want to try? ROTF
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Typical Health Myths Medal10 Typical Health Myths Hug10 Typical Health Myths Pooky10 Typical Health Myths Cockta10 Typical Health Myths Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:46 pm

She uses a light red apple which is smaller than common red apples.

They are like this:

Typical Health Myths Estresados
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Typical Health Myths Hug10 Typical Health Myths Sunflower_Icon Typical Health Myths Coffee10 Typical Health Myths Cockta10

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Anita wrote:There's a theory that claims boys cannot use laptops on their laps; otherwise, they'll become infertile.
Partially true. The problem is that the heat of the computer affects somehow the production of sperm. When the use of the PC in your lap is excessive, the production of sperm becomes irregular and, as a result, your possibilities to have lively sperm reduces. So they'll have to buy a pet.

How about those funny remedies to deal with the flu?
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow! Thanks for the explanation about the laptop. So be careful, guys! Wink

Regarding home medicines... There are lots of myths and beliefs, but many of them have been proved right. There's one which comes to my mind now: A young boy or girl who wears a red t-shit under their everyday clothes will be protected from the cold. I know this tradition is also followed in Spain and Italy. I Don\'t Know Effective? I don't know.

Another myth is that girls who are virgin at the age of 30 or 35 are likely to die younger due to many health issues, including accumulation of toxins, generation of cancer and heart problems. I find it really hard to believe, I see no explanation in this. And if it were true, then I'd start writing my will straight away. But I do think this is ridiculous! Dumb
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Typical Health Myths Medal10 Typical Health Myths Hug10 Typical Health Myths Pooky10 Typical Health Myths Cockta10 Typical Health Myths Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:18 am

Another health myth, I'm not really sure if it's real, is that when you get a tooth out you shouldn't expose to the sun, otherwise you'll start bleeding. Mummy used to say me that, but I haven't heard and dentist saying that.

Typical Health Myths Z
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:47 am

We need a volunteer to test that theory. Anyone? Cheesy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:24 pm

You? Cheesy

MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:51 am

Misor wrote:Another health myth, I'm not really sure if it's real, is that when you get a tooth out you shouldn't expose to the sun, otherwise you'll start bleeding. Mummy used to tell me that, but I haven't heard and dentist saying that.
Well, more than automatic bleeding, it must be as you don't have some time off to recover from your tooth extraction, resulting in muscle effort and, as a result, slight injuries on the area where your teeth was - while you speak, chew or simply walk. But I don't think exposure to the sun itself makes it happen. Unless you walk with your mouth wide open, just like Pacman.

There's a theory that ovary cancer results from lack of sex. scratch While it's confirmed that sex offers benefits to the body, I don't see how refraining from it may lead to cancer or even death.

Another myth which, I read this week, was debunked, was about food falling on the floor. As soon as it falls, you pick it up - the faster you do, the less bacteria it will pick up from the surface. It's actually wrong, as just milliseconds are enough to obtain thousands of bacteria. What makes the difference is the surface where it falls. It makes sense, of course, but children do NOT understand it that way. Some mums do not see it this way, either. Razz
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm

bounce Yay!! Bring actual discussion back!
Anita wrote:There's a theory that ovary cancer results from lack of sex. scratch While it's confirmed that sex offers benefits to the body, I don't see how refraining from it may lead to cancer or even death.
well, it could be because you liberate yourself from anything in the act. But if this theory were true, doctors would medicate sex. LOL
Anita wrote: It's actually wrong, as just milliseconds are enough to obtain thousands of bacteria. What makes the difference is the surface where it falls.
So true. For example, carpets seem to be the filthiest thing ever.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Oh, sure. Mainly as they pick up a great deal of dust. Eww!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum