English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ????

3 posters

Go down

can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Empty can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ????

Post by SOMU Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 am

Could anyone please suggest why the Good Friday is called as GOOD while Jesus was crucified on that day? I am asking it as being hindu i have less idea on it.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Hug10 can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Empty Re: can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ????

Post by zebadee_19 Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:59 am

Hi Smile
I guess it was "GOOD" for us.
As he died for our sins......
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Sunflower_Icon

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Empty Re: can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ????

Post by Anita Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi, Somu! Hi

Good refers to holly. As Martin has mentioned, it resembles the day when Jesus died in order to cleanse our sins and let people live forever, just as God had in mind when creating human beings - referenced in John 16:3: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.".

While in the Bible there is no reference about Jesus dying on a cross (which was a symbol inserted later) but on a piece of timber, his death is highly relevant for Christians, and having faith in such sacrifice and gift from God implies not only believing but also acting accordingly, just as Jesus' life is reflected in the Gospels.

I hope Martin's answer helps you clear your question out! Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Medal10 can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Hug10 can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Pooky10 can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Cockta10 can any explain a question regarding good friday to me ???? Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down