English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Reality Shows I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Reality Shows I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Reality Shows I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Reality Shows I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Reality Shows I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Reality Shows I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Reality Shows I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Reality Shows I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Reality Shows I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Reality Shows I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Reality Shows

2 posters

Go down

Reality Shows Empty Reality Shows

Post by Anita Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 am

Hi Guten Tag!!

Are you keen on reality shows?
When they started, I was totally sure they were a simple fad, and that they'd disappear in a matter of years.
How wrong I was! They go on invading our lives, there are endless ideas for reality shows and they keep being successfully aired on TV. Just Big Brother, which is one of the first shows of this type, continues with international versions!

Have you ever followed any reality show or a competition of such a kind (for example, singing competitions)?
Which is the show you've ever liked/disliked most and why?
Which reality shows are currently on your local TV?
Do you prefer international or national reality shows?
Do you wish there were any specific kind of reality show that hasn't been produced yet?

Clown
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Reality Shows Medal10 Reality Shows Hug10 Reality Shows Pooky10 Reality Shows Cockta10 Reality Shows Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Reality Shows Empty Re: Reality Shows

Post by Nicole Wed May 09, 2012 6:43 am

Hey Anita,

in Germany there are reality shows are very popular but I don't like the most of them. There are some how I think there are ok because there in a style from a documentation like a realty show from helping people to build a house.
I never look Big Brother and shows like this kind because I think there a only stupid.
How about you what do you think about shows like this ?
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Reality Shows Medal10 Reality Shows Coffee10 Reality Shows Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Ha ha ha!! I Agree I agree with you! I think Big Brother is just a bunch of stupid people caged in a house trying to get everyone's attention in ridiculous ways.

I like talent reality shows as long as they're not biased, manipulated or they really focus on their participants' talent. The Apprentice was a show I used to enjoy. Some singing contests are good, some are just plain. Dancing With The Stars is another cool show, and what to say about The Biggest Loser? I truly like them, although I don't watch much TV - only 1 hour a week. Still, I do read about these shows. I simply dislike them when judges or participants are snobbish or when there are senseless conflicts.

The documantary-like realities are interesting, too. I don't like these coexistence shoes such as Big Brother, Celebrity Island, Get Me Out of Here! or Survivor. I do enjoy shows such as The Amazing Race because of the cultural and living facts you can learn from them. House Makeover is another interesting one because of the practical tips for your home care. And I confess I enjoy having a laugh when watching Nanny 911 or similar realities. Razz

Currently, we've got Colombia's Got Talent and My Name Is. None of them catch my attention. The next realities to start are Soap Stars (a Big-Brother-like waste of time) and The Challenge 2012 (a Survivor-like show). Colombia's TV is directed, produced and financed by copycats, so we never have original ideas for TV shows. Pity, though.

I think most if not all of them are scripted, and not only in the way they set the situations to happen, but also the reactions of participants, mainly if they cause controversy. Controversy is proportionally related to rating, despite being as disgusting as you can imagine. That's why co-existence shows are the most polemical ones. And, in the end, they do NOT represent realities, they just distract viewers with made-up prototypes of 'average citizens'.

If you could participate in a reality show, what would it be about? Cheesy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Reality Shows Medal10 Reality Shows Hug10 Reality Shows Pooky10 Reality Shows Cockta10 Reality Shows Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum