English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Your Film Review I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Your Film Review I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Your Film Review I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Your Film Review I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Your Film Review I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Your Film Review I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Your Film Review I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Your Film Review I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Your Film Review I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Your Film Review I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Your Film Review

4 posters

Go down

Your Film Review Empty Your Film Review

Post by Anita Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Have you seen any film lately?
Let's share those films by writing a very short review and your opinion. NO SPOILERS!

Let's begin with the last film I saw. About four weeks ago I saw Rise of the Apes (2011).
An ape develops an abnormal, still favourable IQ. This makes him deal with the human world and the reasons for many of his life events to happen. In the end, a whole issue about the freedom of species takes place.

I think it is a good commercial film. From all the films which have been on cinema this semester, I think this ins the best. It leads to a lot of reflection, there are exciting parts of it and, incredibly, you can't miss the very end. Don't stand up once the film is over, because once the credits start there's a key part to, why not, a sequel.

If you remember classics like Planet of the Apes, you'll see this is a very sensible way to justify the general plot of the film. If you haven't seen this new film, I dare to say you won't regret it, Wink

Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Medal10 Your Film Review Hug10 Your Film Review Pooky10 Your Film Review Cockta10 Your Film Review Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Your Film Review Empty Re: Your Film Review

Post by Nicole Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:03 pm

The last film I saw was the "Legend of the Guardians"

The story from the movie is about two brother owls and the way they choose. One evening the two brothers decide to learn fly on they own.
That evening they fall from their three.Two other owls save them from the forest floor but they don't bring them back home, they kidnap the brothers. After this time the story beginns.

I think it's a great film with great animations. I like movies of this kind.

Last edited by Nicole on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Medal10 Your Film Review Coffee10 Your Film Review Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Wow!! It seems the animation's fantastic! The film's from last year, isn't it? It seems it's worth watching. I would like to see how these two brothers free themselves! What I really liked about the trailer is how they achieved these natural movements for the owls, which are usually seen as stiff creatures! Happy Another film for my must-watch list!

Hug Thank you, Nicole!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Medal10 Your Film Review Hug10 Your Film Review Pooky10 Your Film Review Cockta10 Your Film Review Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:50 am

Exactly! Legend of the Guardians is one of the best films I have seen, I totally agree with you, Nicole!

I have just watched one film that Anita suggested to me... Million Dollar Baby! What a great film! It's about a girl who fights and trains hard in order to become the best boxer ever, and how her life suffers from a painful twist once she achieved her dream. This film from 2004 is a mandatory film to watch. Super recommended!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:32 pm

I'll always recommend this film as it's one of my Ghibli's favourites and one of the most touching films ever! Grave of the Fireflies!

You can actually watch it online! Happy THIS IS THE FILM:
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:50 pm

A movie I've seen twice and I think I'll never get tired of seeing was Shutter Island. I really recommend you to see it.

Of course, besides: Inception. OMG what a good pair of films starring Leonardo DiCaprio:

Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Hug10 Your Film Review Sunflower_Icon Your Film Review Coffee10 Your Film Review Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Embarassed Can you believe I haven't seen it yet?
But it seems it's a captivating thriller!! Happy

I've seen I ception, though. Yes! Great film, indeed! Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 am

Anita wrote: Embarassed Can you believe I haven't seen it yet?
But it seems it's a captivating thriller!! Happy

I've seen I ception, though. Yes! Great film, indeed! Wink

Believe me taking in account that there are two different genres of films I prefer Shutter Island, just because SciFi isn't my favourite one. However, Inception It's a must watch film Very Happy
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Hug10 Your Film Review Sunflower_Icon Your Film Review Coffee10 Your Film Review Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Today I'm looking Sissi - Fateful years of an Empress

Do you know the film ? This Movie runs every year on Christmastime on the TV - Station in Germany.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Medal10 Your Film Review Coffee10 Your Film Review Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:45 pm

I Don\'t Know I've never heard of the film, though it seems to be a total classic! Very Happy

Online review and info about the film
IMDb wrote:The Austrian empress enjoys traveling trough Hungary, where she ultimately finds the politically priceless affection of local count Andrassy too intimate, but it's only temporary relief from the frustrations of court life in Vienna, where dutiful Franz remains chained to his desk and leaves his chillingly strict mother Sophie interfering, even in the upbringing of their daughter. When Sissi is diagnosed with plausibly fatal tuberculosis and Franz has to allow Sophie to remove their daughter on doctor's warning, Sissi is in danger of losing the will to live while exiled to recovery-inducing climates (Portuguese Madeira and Greek Corfu). Then desperately needed psycho-somatic therapy appears in the form of her indestructibly positive mother Ludovika of Bavaria, who lovingly nurses both her sickness and her taste for life on idyllic walks. Once again Oberst Böckl, the clumsy body-guard whose doting admiration for the empress borders on the improper...

Wow!! It seems like a wonderful film to watch. Have you seen the two previous parts of this trilogy?

Here in Colombia, a typical film which was shown was Home Alone... ROTF
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Hi again!
While it's not a film, it's a total 60-minute series (6 minutes per episode, 10 chapters) which can only be seen via the web. If you can watch it, I truly recommend it. The name of the series is The Confession.

CTV wrote:The story begins on Christmas Eve, when the hit-man enters a church to confess his sins to the priest. Through a series of gripping flashbacks, the confessor’s journey is revealed – laying out what has brought him to this moment and leading the audience to the dramatic ending where the man's chances at redemption hang in the balance.

While at first the confessor seems to be an evil, cold-blooded killing machine and the Priest the ultimate arbiter of good, as the series develops, it becomes clear that both characters are much more complicated than either could have ever suspected.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Mmm... I'm the only one posting in here, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who watches films.

Very Happy Anyway, I've just seen Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol on order to start my 2012. And guess what...

I loved it! Yay!

It's a very exciting film. I arrived late, but I arrived just on time to listen to Ethan's mission. This film has lots of good twists, action, excitement and humour. I really loved the film, and I hope you go, see it and enjoy it as much as I did, It even made me scream in the cinema!! Cheesy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:29 am

Mr Green I liked that film, too! It is very exciting. Have you seen the other parts?

MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Film Review Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Today I saw the movie CharlieStCloud it was a movie that make me cry. The story it's about to brothers. The brothers are the best friend but a accident with a drunken driver was killing the younger one from the brothers. The older brother can't life without his young brother. For more than five years the older brother lives in a cemetery and always in the evening he run in the wood to meet his dead brother because he promised it to him. But know he have to decide to broke the promise and save the life from the Girl he love or let her die.

That's a short overview about the story.

Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Yay! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Jose told me about this film the last time we met!!! Happy I wanna see it! I deduce from your review that you did like it! Yes! So I guess it's a film to see. It's recent too, isn't it? - 2010, says IMDb. Whistle
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum