English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Technology and Your Life I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Technology and Your Life

3 posters

Go down

Technology and Your Life Empty Technology and Your Life

Post by Anita Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 am

Smile Hi, everyone!
Technology and Your Life Sfifhz750250
About two weeks ago, one of the most important designers in the technology world passed away. He was mourned by millions of people who acknowledge his contribution to the modern world.
One week after - in a separate fact, of course - the Blackberry platform suffered from one of the greatest crashes it's had in its history. As a result, millions of users in every continent were unable to communicate via Blackberry. There was discomfort and anxiety. The service is steadily becoming regular.

There are many aspects where technology is crucial today. Indeed, we've got the chance to interact by means of technology. But how important is technology for you? Do you think you can get by without it? What's the device you can't live without?
Do you agree with the fact that technology's become a religion?

Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Technology and Your Life Medal10 Technology and Your Life Hug10 Technology and Your Life Pooky10 Technology and Your Life Cockta10 Technology and Your Life Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Technology and Your Life Empty Re: Technology and Your Life

Post by vixxie Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Well, I have times. One day I can't live without my iPod and my favorite music, is the first thing that I have to pack in my bag, I need to take it with me everywhere. But, there're other days, that I can live without my music dispositive and I don't feel dying like other people who seems they didn't have air to breathe.lol!
On the other hand, I'm grateful with technology 'cause without it my mom was in the heaven as if it's the creator of the pacemaker. My message is everything in excess is bad and now the technology dominates us, so is good to have limits, each thing (cell phone, iPod, boxgame...) merits their fair time and space. Cool
vixxie
vixxie
Content Poster
Content Poster

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Technology and Your Life Chocol10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi, my dear Vixxie!!!! Welcome to the family!!! cheers
We see yee to eye regarding music players and these periods of time when you feel like injecting them into your body so as to live with them forever, whereas there are other times in which you can perfectly leave them behind. The same happens to the PC use or even the TV. They're not essential to our lives, it's just a matter of feelings, likes and interests.
Vixxie wrote:I'm grateful with technology 'cause without it my mom was in the heaven as if it's the creator of the pacemaker.
(As a parenthesis, you reminded me of the Monty Python's parrot sketch with this line, he he! Laughing ) Sure! Technology has helped humanity to lengthen their life expectancy and control illnesses which were out of our hands centuries ago. I think there are more pros than cons regarding technology and health. Wink

How do you think technology can 'dominate a person's life'? Isn't technology just supposed to be a tool? Question
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Technology and Your Life Medal10 Technology and Your Life Hug10 Technology and Your Life Pooky10 Technology and Your Life Cockta10 Technology and Your Life Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:24 pm

The only benefit I see in technology is communications. The rest is a hassle... It has created dependence and more illnesses. Even in medicine. So I think I can perfectly live without technology. I have done it, and I have seen it is possible. More than a month without technology.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Technology and Your Life Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:58 am

Well, I'm afraid I've got to disagree with you at this point. You see, technology has been really helpful for education, communications, health, home living, entertainment, etc. The problem is when this technology crosses the line and, instead of humans relying on technology, it's technology which relies on humans to become the core of society, simply because human beings become dependent on it. Many people can't think of themselves without technology, look at what came off that week that Blackberry failed.

I guess the only way to acknowledge how important technology is must be by balancing the role of technology in our lives. Use it only when necessary, but also try your best to learn those manual or mental skills that we humans are able to do. You never know when technology may turn against you - Murphy-like or Terminator-like, so there's nothing like being technology-independent, without refraining from using it totally. Wink

Last edited by Anita on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:46 am

Ha ha ha! You're so dramatic, Ana. Your sarcasm is never gone! ROTF
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Technology and Your Life Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Technology and Your Life Empty The Perfect Life...

Post by Anita Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I couldn't refrain from sharing these videos, as well as this review. I think this s like a perfect life, the life we should all be living - as we're supposed to evolve...

“Alone in the Wilderness” is the story of Dick Proenneke living in the Alaska wilderness in 1968. He filmed his adventures and day-to-day life using a 8mm camera and a tripod. The footage, along with the contents of his journals, were put together in a fascinating documentary.

I recently watched the entire thing and I couldn’t help but think: “This guy has the solution”. Although it is nearly impossible for most of us to replicate what he did, his lifestyle is certainly an ideal we should all tend to. Free from the bonds of materialism, debts and mass media indoctrination, watching this tough old man appreciating nature and just doing what he has to do to stay alive is a vivid reminder that all of the rest is just a mere illusion.

Isn't it a perfect life? A life with work and effort, and not depending on technology, media or trends. Still, a good life... A perfect one, I think! Yes!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum