English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
The Right Age I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
The Right Age I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
The Right Age I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
The Right Age I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
The Right Age I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
The Right Age I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
The Right Age I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
The Right Age I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
The Right Age I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
The Right Age I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

The Right Age

4 posters

Go down

The Right Age Empty The Right Age

Post by Anita Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 pm

What's the right age to start a family?
What's the right age to get married?
And the right age to have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
What's the right age to have a mobile?
Is there a right age to die?

Some people may agree life's got significant stages, so there's a right age for every stage. Do you agree with this point of view?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Right Age Medal10 The Right Age Hug10 The Right Age Pooky10 The Right Age Cockta10 The Right Age Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

The Right Age Empty Re: The Right Age

Post by MusicElf Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Because of maturity, I think the right age for a person to have a couple or a relationship is after 15. Otherwise it's just puppy love. There's no age for marriage, but I think the earlier the better, otherwise you just get married to write your will. Laughing Whe nyou have babies as a young person, you can enjoy their growth a lot better. Otherwise, it will be like a grandpa or grandma bringing up their grandchild.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Right Age Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:11 am

Exactly! Agreed. But I think it also depends on the parent's attitude. Many young parents might be grumpy... It's more on how you enjoy being a dad or a mum. As one of the members of Westlife says, "Most men can be Fathers,but it takes a special man to be a Daddy".

Experience does help, though. Bringing a child up conveys self-discipline, responsibility and decision making, but they're possible once you've got the experience to focus on these steps. Otherwise it may be chaotic. That's why having more than a child really helps. Sarcastic

In many occasions, people start a relationship and explore different stages when they're innexperienced. As a result, they face serious consequences. It happens, for example, when they decide to start a sexual life at early age. I'm one of those who defend sexual relations after marriage, not because of religion but because of the implicatios of a sexual intercourse. And I don't only mean risks, but the total implications, what this act really means.

Life is not for fun, and you realise it when you turn older than 22 on average. Laughing
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Right Age Medal10 The Right Age Hug10 The Right Age Pooky10 The Right Age Cockta10 The Right Age Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:12 am

Hello,

I think there is no right age for these things. I think it depends on the person. Sometimes a person with 17 or 18 has enough experience to get marriage and have children sometimes it's better the person still waiting for a while. I think you know when it is the right time and the right partner to get marriage. That's why I'm thinking you have to trust your feelings. I agree with you Anita that's better to wait with sexual relations to do you know it's the right partner but I don't agree that it's better to wait after marriage because not all people want get marriage.

Best wishes
Nicole
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Right Age Medal10 The Right Age Coffee10 The Right Age Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:51 am

I agree with yu, Nicole. In terms of relationships (even marriage) it is not a matter of age but a matter of responsibility and compromise. You could even be married and be immature. That is why divorce rates are on a high these days.

I do think however there is an age to have children, as I said before. You don't want your children to see you as their grandparent. Laughing

Nicole, what is in your opinion the right age to start a sexual life? I think it is after 16 or 18...
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:56 am

Hello MusicElf,

That`s not a easy Question. I think it's better after 18 but that only my opinion.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Right Age Medal10 The Right Age Coffee10 The Right Age Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:03 am

Well, I agree. Before 18 you are still likely to be a child and, as a result, be very impulsive. I have met people who are 45 and behave like 15. Laughing
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by T'ani Rein Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Anita wrote:What's the right age to start a family?
What's the right age to get married?
And the right age to have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
What's the right age to have a mobile?
Is there a right age to die?

Some people may agree life's got significant stages, so there's a right age for every stage. Do you agree with this point of view?

To most of these questions, I believe the answer is, When you're ready. I, personally, may never be ready to get married and start a family. My brother got married at 21, has 2 kids and is a happy husband and father.

With boyfriends or girlfriends, once again, when you're ready. If you think you're mature enough to enter into a relationship, then my all means give it a try. If not, then give it time.

As for having a mobile phone, I'm a bit unsure about this. I did not have a mobile phone until I was 18, and I am glad. I am not as attached to my phone as most people my age tend to be, and I don't think anyone should have a phone before their teenage years at the earliest.

Is there a right age to die? No. My little brother died in 2010, 3 weeks before his 17th birthday. He was far too young to die and had his whole life to live. My great great grandma died when she was 90. She lived 2 decades longer than the average woman is expected to live, and yet I would not want to live to that age. When it happens it happens. How old you are when you die is generally not a choice, so there is really not a lot for me to say in response to this question Mad

I do believe that life has different stages, but I think its ridiculous to try to pin an age on each stage. Every person is unique and they will progress through life at a pace that is their own.
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

My Mood : happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Yes! I agree! Sometimes, life experience has been significant enough to know how to deal with many of these situations in a mature way, more specifically, what has to do with living on your own, earning a living, having a relationship or having children. There are some other situations - like the use of technology, mobiles, going out, etc. which are common sense, but how headed you are is relevant so as to accept these social or individual conventions.
In relation to death... It's a hard topic. No one is able to say why some people die too young while some others have an almost everlasting life, some of them happily and some of them in anguish. I just think, as we're alive, let's make the most of our lives and each one of these stages, so that 1) there's nothing to regret when living, 2) you finally leave the best you can leave: good memories.

Finally, I think every person's life is like our fingerprints: unique. That's why parents should understand they can't pretend that their children follow absolutely every step they took, or live just as they want them to. Life does not have a script. Sometimes, when you think that these situations have not happened at the right time, you might be wrong. Perhaps it's the right time for a life lesson.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum