English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Lives from homeless people I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Lives from homeless people

3 posters

Go down

Lives from homeless people Empty Lives from homeless people

Post by Nicole Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Today when I gone to the supermarket I saw a situation how had let me think about different things. I saw a old man how looked in the garbage for edible. I knew that it exist in Germany but when I saw the situation I was shooked.
I was thinking what I can do to make the situation better.
A study says that people throw 10.970.000 t of food.
I know that it gives special buildings to help them but many of homeless people don't use them because they be ashamed that they need help.
How is the situation in your country and what does you think what we can do to make the situation better ?

Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Lives from homeless people Medal10 Lives from homeless people Coffee10 Lives from homeless people Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Lives from homeless people Empty Re: Lives from homeless people

Post by Anita Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:29 pm

What a situation, Nicole! Sad

The situation of the homeless is really tough to consider. There are different reasons for them to become homeless, countless!
In Colombia and, specifically in Bogotá, there's a significant number of people without homes, mainly because of displacement due to violence in the country, bad life choices or bankruptcy. While it's difficult to have a definite solution to their condition, I think that a more human touch in these homeless shelters would motivate them so that they turn to these places.

In Colombia, there is pitiful desensitization: we don't care about the others, no matter how miserable the situation of our brother or sister is. Today Colombians who see a homeless only care about not being attacked or fooled, never about these other people's needs. There are just a few benefactors who do help them, but there is no official aid. Just in Bogota, there are about 19.000 homeless. That's a scandalous number!

I think awareness campaigns can help them and help us understand what the situation is like and what can be done. Generosity is essential, of course no matter if you get nothing in return.

After all, that's what they need the most: human touch!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Lives from homeless people Medal10 Lives from homeless people Hug10 Lives from homeless people Pooky10 Lives from homeless people Cockta10 Lives from homeless people Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Anita wrote:In Colombia, there is pitiful desensitization: we don't care about the others, no matter how miserable the situation of our brother or sister is. Today Colombians who see a homeless only care about not being attacked or fooled, never about these other people's needs.
But look at many of these homeless people who have the capabilities to work on any kind of job, and they simply don't want. They become beggars and just expect people to help them, not to try some effort to get a life like any other person. I do not want to generalize, but most of these people are there because they want to, they think an easy life is much better. Sad
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Lives from homeless people Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 am

Sad GrumpyElf, I can't believe you're saying that. Let's take the Colombian example: do you know how many of these homeless people are a cause of violence and displacement, abandoned children, people who are denied a job because of physical disabilities, being parents - mainly single mothers, or people who simply made wrong decisions which are hard to get over?

There are many situations. No one deserves to be homeless and, whatever their situation is, they deserve attention, because overall they are human beings and brothers and sisters to us.

If only institutions paid more attention to them and we could help, so that they could benefit from helping their town or city, for example. They would stop being a hassle for many others who only care about themselves..
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Lives from homeless people Medal10 Lives from homeless people Hug10 Lives from homeless people Pooky10 Lives from homeless people Cockta10 Lives from homeless people Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:28 am

A study says that people throw 10.970.000 t of food. 
I know that it gives special buildings to help them but many of homeless people don't use them because they be ashamed that they need help. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi, Hanifnoor! Welcome to the forum and sorry for the super belated reply!
The futyre you've mentioned is scandalous and very sad. We throw a lot of food and, therefore, not only take for granted who may actually need it but also who's worked their socks off in order to produce/prepare it.

I also find it impressive what you say: people rejecting help because of pride. I don't think tht happens too much in my country, where many people look for help even when they don't need it, but it's not hard to believe that some people prefer to bet by on their own.

Are there many homeless peoplewhere you live, Hanifnoor?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum