English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man

5 posters

Go down

Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Empty Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man

Post by Anita Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Hey!!
Yesterday the world celebrated the International woman's day, in order to commemorate the day in which some female workers' lives were sacrificed in Chicago as they were asking for their rights.
Lots of homage to this gender was carried out around the world. And lots of memories about the role of both men and women were recalled.

While listening to and reading about it, I wondered what your opinions are about how hard it is to be a man or a woman, and what are the benefits of being a man or a woman, in a civilization where these roles are clearly differentiated.

Would you like to share your thoughts? Very Happy

A happy day for everyone! Party Time!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Medal10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Hug10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Pooky10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Cockta10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Empty Re: Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man

Post by Nicole Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Nice Topic but I think it is not easy to say it is harder to be a men or a woman. In the most countries woman's have to fight for equality. I think this is not very easy but I know that men have other things who are not easy.
I'm very curious about the answers here in the topic. So I wish you all a nice weekend.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Medal10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Coffee10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Hug Hi, Nicole!

I Agree I agree, my dear: it's impossible to say it's better or worse to be a man or a woman, because both genders have their own challenges, and every context has their own circumstances for men and women.

In the country where I live, being a man is hard. This is a still somehow conservative country, so men are the ones who still are the main responsible for bringing the bacon home. While the role for women has also changed, the latest statistics claim that it's men who work for their families.

In relation to women, I can say Colombia is a very male chauvinist country. There is still a very general stereotype on women, even though their participation in different fields such as politics and the academy has risen significantly. Yet, there is a lot of prejudice, and violence and abuse against women is growing dramatically. Also, even some female bosses have preference towards men than women to assign roles! There's been a transition in my country, but there are many years to come before we can see equity.

I a more general way, I think one of the hardest things of being a woman is to be a mother. I'm not a mother myself, but someone who becomes a mother has a huge responsibility on her shoulders, and her whole life is transformed. You stop having a life for yourself, but you have to commit your life to your child, sometimes even for the rest of your life!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Medal10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Hug10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Pooky10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Cockta10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:22 pm

I can't agree more with Anita. Here in Colombia there's a lot of inequality towards women. Web can see it in the number of women empolyed by enterprise or the they earn.

Also in the family, some father leave the growing of the children exclusively to women while it should be a duty of both.

PS. Anita I've sent you a tweet. Wink
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Hug10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Sunflower_Icon Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Coffee10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:28 pm

As you're the most active male participant in the forum, we'd like to know what's in your opinion the hardest part of being a man. Wink

I think women have to take care of their appearance a lot more than men. Men can have a beer belly or even be bald (although some men suffer from complex as they're bald), and we'll love them anyway. We don't focus so much on appearance.
But women do suffer as we've got to make a good impression on both men and women. I think society is harsher for women in terms of physical appearance. Do you agree?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

It's for real and I hope women don't take it bad.

One of the most challenges of men is to understand women I Don\'t Know But, as you say we love each other (men and women).

Another thing is, nowadays women who are so beautiful sometimes gets a promotion in their job easier or some benefits that men would have to work hard to get.

Nevertheless, I think things are becoming more equal and fair day by day.

Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Hug10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Sunflower_Icon Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Coffee10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:12 am

Misor wrote:One of the most challenges of men is to understand women I Don\'t Know
Yes! So true! I think it's hard for women to understand each other! Sarcastic

Misor wrote:Another thing is, nowadays women who are so beautiful sometimes gets a promotion in their job easier or some benefits that men would have to work hard to get.
Yes! So true! Sometimes there's preference toward women, mainly when they're good-looking. Sometimes bosses are too malleable that they are led by appearance than effectiveness. And usually these beautiful women who are promoted just because can be really mean! Ha ha! No!

So I agree with you, Jose... Sadly it does happen.

Do you think men are skilled at things women can difficultly do and things that women can do better than men?

Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Well a nice discussion is going on, Its the toughest thing which one has advantage male/female, I think both has equal part as without any one we cannot grow. cheers

In my country in papers its equal also for high class people its equal , as our country president is female Yay! . leader of the ruling party is also female Happy .

But when we see the lower middle class and poor segment with is almost 60% in our country its a total different picture. Yes! the bread earners are male only mostly and they have to do all hard work to bring money. Females in lower middle class society have to fight for her rights always. in poor segment total dominated by males.

So its differ what rights are getting by females with which class they belongs to.In higher segments like higher middles class and rich segments its almost equal importance and respect. But in lower middle class and poor segments men still take upper hands. lol!
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Hug10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Yes! I agree! In communities where there's a lower life quality standard the tendency is a male chauvinist one, focused on the man's role. It wouldn't be any problem if women didn't have to struggle for their own rights, but we see the situation is tough for many of them. A very traditional point of view results in lack of equity. The same happens in Colombia, I've got to say.

Has the situation changed somehow now that your country leader is a woman, Somu?
Is that the case of Germany, too, where the Prime Minister is a woman, as well?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:27 am

In our country situations changing but its very slow being a developing country all things changes slowly.Many schemes governments taking including 33% reservation for women in parliaments.

2. India has female priminister since 1972 to 1983 (L) Mrs Indira Gandhi was murdered in 1983 by one of bodyguard was daughter of Jawaharlal Neharu former Priminister of India since independence. After that no female priminister here in India but President is now female.

Actually this Now leader of the ruling party Mrs Sonia Gandhi wife of (L) Rajiv Gandi ( ex priminister India also murdered by extremists in 1991 ) .

Sonia Gandhi was Italian national married to (L)RajiV gandhi being Italian could not be minister of India , But she is the leader of the ruling party congress since 1991.

Her leadership congress getting huge response only one election lost since 1991.
So i am telling in upper class its equal here India , But among the poor and lower middle class same picture as i told. Things are difficult here in India as many religions secular big country with 120 core ++ population.

Also widow Re-marriage though happening nowadays India. Still in villages and among lower middle class and poor groups not accepted socially.Widows doing that have to hear many bad comments etc from some so called man and even its pathetic women tells badly against a widow. many religious functions widows deprived by women themselves.

I told you its a very big country with different religions say about 80% Hindus 17% Muslims 2-3% Christians that to not less than 5 core Christians in India.Its very difficult being secular country religious feeling change in short time, But its changing nowadays a lot due to globalization and education through television and other government society education planes.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Hug10 Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Wow! What a situation!
And while some changes are beneficial, it's true I've heard being a woman in India isn't easy at all. I can't remember if we talked about the abortion rates in countries like India and China when it's a baby girl, and all the discrimination that sometimes women and widows have to suffer if living in a low-class society and, now I can tell from your comment, in lower mid-class societies.

Even though media and globalisation has changed this concept, I'm afraid the message is puzzling: instead of promoting healthy equality, sometimes media (entertainment more specifically) promotes competitiveness, and women's liberty sometimes means doing whatever you want with your body, becoming a sexual slave in the end. That's what happens a lot in the western world.
In a more positive context, women do demonstrate they are able to contribute to their society's needs. That's why, as you've said, Somu, our participation has increased in different fields slightly but fruitfully. It goes without saying that mums also do a great job, through history they have demonstrated they are total stars! Yes!

Is there anything you don't like about being a man or a woman in your specific context?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I agree when you say that being a mother is a unique experience for women. However, I think it is more difficult to be a single father, because they have to face more challenges to bring their kids up. So I think single fathers are far more admirable.

I can see society continues being very male chauvinist in general, even though many things have changed. Politics and religion have a lot to do with the concept of men and women, and these aspects are the ones which do not let equality evolve the way we all need. Also, because of that, some women are manipulative, too.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Why it's hard to be a Woman/Man Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down