English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing

2 posters

Go down

Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Empty Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing

Post by Anita Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Shocked I was shocked when reading this news...
Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing
A New York woman who donated a kidney so that her boss could receive one, only to be fired afterwards, has told Sky News Online that she has been left "betrayed and heartbroken" by what happened to her.
Debbie Stevens, from Long Island, volunteered to become part of a kidney donation chain, so that her boss, Jacqueline Brucia, could move up the waiting list.

The two women had surgery on the same day in August 2011 after Ms Brucia took Ms Stevens up on the kind offer.

But Ms Stevens claims that when she returned to work after the operation, Ms Brucia became inexplicably "curt and dismissive", and angry with her for needing to take short breaks or time off.

She was moved to another branch of the car dealership she worked for, Atlantic Automotive Group, and then eventually fired last month.

Her bosses cited performance reasons for the termination, even though had been no complaints about her work before the kidney operation.

Ms Stevens says she has been so emotionally damaged by the incident, she has had to start seeing a therapist.

She said: "I feel ashamed and embarrassed about what has happened ... it makes no sense to me.

"It was such a hostile work environment."

Ms Stevens, a divorced mother-of-two, has now filed a lawsuit accusing her former employer of discriminating against her over disabilities brought about by complications from the surgery.

She says she continues to suffer from physical problems as a result of the operation, like numbness in the leg and digestive issues, and is worried about being faced with huge health bills.

Her legal team is seeking damages and compensation for loss of earnings.

Lawyer Jeffrey Brown said it was "hard to understand" why his client has been treated so badly.

He told Sky News Online: "She acted out of the goodness of her heart. She never expected anything in return, all she wanted was to be treated like a human being.

"It is shocking to think that someone who just received the gift of life could be so callous and inhumane.

"I think it's the ultimate, ultimate example of someone taking advantage of a kind spirited woman who really gave her kidney out of the goodness of her heart."

Atlantic Auto Group did not respond to requests for an interview, but the company has released a statement.

It says: "It is unfortunate that one employee has used her own generous act to make up a groundless claim.

"Atlantic Auto treated her (Ms Stevens) appropriately and acted honorable and fairly, at every turn."

Ms Brucia could not be reached for comment.
I wonder if you'd ever donate any of your organs to anybody other than your family, relatives or close friends.
Do you think Ms Stevens should have really been fired? Is she making a fuss because of her kind act? Or has the company and her boss been undoubtedly unfair to her?

Razz Now, think twice before donating. Mr Green
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Medal10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Hug10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Pooky10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Cockta10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Empty Re: Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing

Post by MusicElf Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Wow, that would have made the donation really regrettable. What a witch! This woman did not deserve sympathy, but the woman who received the kidney had her days off while the donor had to work normally... What is that? I hope Ms Stevens gets the sue in her favor so that this greedy woman gets her lesson. Mad
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Empty Re: Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing

Post by Anita Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't know what I would feel if I donated any of my organs to a person who would despise or dismiss me afterwards. I'd feel a lot of despair, but I hope it doesn't destroy my life.
In life, we must learn there will be several occasions when even our dearest beings will let us down. The fight in life is to keep your heart pure enough to put up with all those situations, so that they don't corrupt your being, mind and heart.

So I hope this woman doesn't give up and, why not, that her boss realises how wrong she acted!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Medal10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Hug10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Pooky10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Cockta10 Kidney Donor 'Betrayed' By Boss After Firing Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum