English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Negotiating with terrorists I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Negotiating with terrorists

3 posters

Go down

Negotiating with terrorists Empty Negotiating with terrorists

Post by MusicElf Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 pm

This week the principal international news piece was about a massive kidnap in an oil plant in a city of Algeria. It was a terrorist group connected to Al Quaeda that protested against the support of the French as allies against criminals in Mali. They kidnapped many people, including foreigners - british, American and many more. They even contacted the American government and asked them to liberate two fellow terrorists arrested in America in exchange of their American victims in the oil plant; the American government rejected the offer.

If you were a President of your country and terrorists wanted you to negotiate so that you liberate criminals that you have captured and have some of your citizens freed in return, would you accept?
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Negotiating with terrorists Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Negotiating with terrorists Empty Re: Negotiating with terrorists

Post by Anita Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 am

Personally, I wouldn't, but I know the situation is downright different when you are in such situation, you're the authority and have to make a decision.
The thing is, if you accept and let them get away with it, they're of course empowered to keep doing the same time after time, they'd gain control in a way which is not ethical, diplomatic, democratic, etc. It benefits nobody, even those who are supposed to be set free.

So I'm afraid that saying 'yes' to such petition is to err without a doubt.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Negotiating with terrorists Medal10 Negotiating with terrorists Hug10 Negotiating with terrorists Pooky10 Negotiating with terrorists Cockta10 Negotiating with terrorists Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm

I will not negotiate with any terrorist . As once you negotiate they will repeat that again and again.

These bloody terrorist should be killed no mercy for them. Shoot at sight is the best policy. If you arrest them they will kidnap someone and ask for release.

Good initiative by French at mali.Terrorist only understand the language of bullet. Specially these Muslim terrorist.All over the world not only in mali these Islamic fundamentalist doing havok.

Very good decision by USA . USA go ahead we are with you.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Negotiating with terrorists Hug10 Negotiating with terrorists Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 am

Hi, Somu! Hi Hug
While I don't approve of death penalty because of reasons I've explicated previously, I agree with you without any doubt: Negotiating with these people will end up in their crimes being forgiven again and again.

They deserve respect in the way that authorities and citizens must not equal their evil deeds and feelings at all and, although as you mention they only understand "the language of bullets", I think conflict should be tackled in a more diplomatic way. However, diplomacy is not forgiveness and gullibility. Let me go further on this point.

You know that my country, Colombia, has undergone more than 60 years of civil conflict due to the action of guerrillas and criminal groups. One of the most influential groups is currently under negotiation talks with our government. They want immunity and political participation, as well as the freedom of their comrades and soldiers in jail. They have even asked for their soldiers in exchange of those they've kidnapped, and the government have accepted these conditions. The result: more victims, and a shameless behaviour from these criminals, who now deny they've displaced dwellers, and refuse to accept they still keep prisoners or victims under their power.
In situations like this, the only solution is that the authorities fulfil their mission, which is to fight for the rights of every denizen punish those who go against it the way our constitution and our 'justice system' claims. Otherwise, we'd go nowhere.

So why are we the way we are now and why are we going through such situations now? Blame our corrupt system, our flexible and many times lame governors and us, a forgetful country.

I don't know if a step such as the one France has taken is necessary in my country to wake up and start fighting for justice in every sense, so that terrorists and corrupt people understood they're not the ones who impose conditions.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Negotiating with terrorists Medal10 Negotiating with terrorists Hug10 Negotiating with terrorists Pooky10 Negotiating with terrorists Cockta10 Negotiating with terrorists Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:16 pm

SOMU wrote:These bloody terrorist should be killed no mercy for them. Shoot at sight is the best policy. If you arrest them they will kidnap someone and ask for release.

Good initiative by French at mali.Terrorist only understand the language of bullet.
Are corrupt governors included in your suggestion? Because they are the origin of the problem. And they are the ones who do not let justice happen, either.

Is there a similar situation in your country, Somu?
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Negotiating with terrorists Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 am

Yes my country is fighting with terrorism for last 50 years. They hijeck plane and in return they free 4 terrorists and later after freed by government for the plane passengers they killed 4 times of more people than who are in that plane.

If they get one chance they keep doing that and its a best blackmailing tool they are using now. Muslim terrorist problem India facing for long 50 years.

Actually they are not Muslim also they want to impose their style of Islam to all. Very dangerous either convert to their form of Islam or take bullet is the strategy.

they even kill Muslims also who don't follow their style of Islam.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Negotiating with terrorists Hug10 Negotiating with terrorists Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum