English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Main Events of the Year 2011 I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Main Events of the Year 2011

2 posters

Go down

Main Events of the Year 2011 Empty Main Events of the Year 2011

Post by Anita Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi everyone! Hi

This year had lots of remarkable events for the world. If you could choose a top 7 with the most important news, which ones would you choose?

While news may not be your cup of tea (<------------- Laughing ), I guess it might be interesting to discuss some of them before the year comes to an end! Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Main Events of the Year 2011 Medal10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Hug10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Pooky10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Cockta10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Main Events of the Year 2011 Empty Re: Main Events of the Year 2011

Post by MusicElf Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:57 am

Whistle It seems nobody likes to talk about news, only Anita, whereas the Game forum's the most popular ROTF

Some of the most important events:
The earthquake in Japan. It was a devastating one. Towns disappeared, more than 15000 people missing or dead, and a nuclear risk that we had not seen for ages. And today people try to get over this tragedy.

Steve Jobs passing away was another important event. He was like a god for many people who love technology - that's sick - and, paradoxically, one of the most relevant products was about to be released. You can imagine how successful its sales were.

While it started last year, the Arab Sprint is without a question another relevant piece of news. Countries like Tunisia, Egypt and Libya achieved a breakdown in their government. How good this change was is still uncertain, but it has inspired other countries to fight for their rights, which led to...

The Occupy Movement. The most important western cities worldwide had their most important parks occupied by people claiming that they're not a part of the greedy 1% of the people in America who possess most of the global wealth. They protested against capitalism and against banks, the government and powers. In two months, they faded away. The core of the Occupy Movement was New York, where there was a lot of police abuse.

There are more pieces of news, but also more people to participate. Cheesy
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Main Events of the Year 2011 Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 am

MusicElf wrote:Whistle It seems nobody likes to talk about news, only Anita, whereas the Game forum's the most popular
lol! Laughing Cheesy ROTF LOL ROTF

Yes! You're right, it's too early to say they succeeded in their democracy attempt. Right now, for instance, you can see Egypt's discontent with their new government. Suspect

How can we forget the EuroCrisis and the Global Recession? Next year things will be even worse. Yet, things are getting tougher: In order to save countries whose debt has gone so far, the German government insisted on an emergency bailout, which didn't please many countries as it doesn't solve the core problem. While there are agreements and emergency measures, in the end the UK government decided to withdraw or not to join these attempts in order to 'protect their nation'. Greece is one of the most critical countries in this situation, and frequent riots have taken place along the year.

Corruption in elections is an issue that every country has faced. Right now, Russia's the one coping with the problem.

Friendlier news have to do with the U20 Football World Cup which took place in Colombia. In a thrilling match against Portugal, Brazil won the match with a 3-2 score. Happy The two of them were good teams, by the way!

This year, Americans had the opportunity to see the last shot of the space shuttle Atlantis, as the government has opted to abandon space projects.

Mmm... More money for war...
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Main Events of the Year 2011 Medal10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Hug10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Pooky10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Cockta10 Main Events of the Year 2011 Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down