English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Drugs in your Country I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Drugs in your Country

3 posters

Go down

Drugs in your Country Empty Drugs in your Country

Post by Anita Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi Hi, everyone!

Let's talk about the use of drugs (from prescription, legal and illegal substances, natural and chemical drugs, etc.).

What is the legislation in your country regarding drug use and distribution?
What is the regulation for prescriptions like?
What is an illegal use of drugs?
What's your position about drugs?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Drugs in your Country Medal10 Drugs in your Country Hug10 Drugs in your Country Pooky10 Drugs in your Country Cockta10 Drugs in your Country Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Drugs in your Country Empty Re: Drugs in your Country

Post by Nicole Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:54 pm

In Germany the only legal drugs are alcohol and cigarettes. I think drugs are a very bad thing. The most drugs change the thinking of humans. I think it is right that drugs are forbidden but it is not enough to ban drugs only. People have to understand what drugs are do with there mind. In my opinion that is the only way to fight against drugs and there impacts.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Drugs in your Country Medal10 Drugs in your Country Coffee10 Drugs in your Country Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes! I completely agree with you, Nicole! I Agree

Something similar happens here in Colombia. The only drugs allowed are alcohol, cigarettes and, of course, medicine with prescription.
Colombia is one of the largest drug producers, along with Afghanistan, Peru, Mexico, Bolivar, Myanmar and the Bahamas. What's funny is that basically all these countries are developing countries and, yet, this is one of their most successful business, but also totally illegal. It goes without saying that there's been a battle against illegal drug production, which has caused much more bad than good: violence, drug smuggling and even civil war, just like the one here in Colombia - the war has continued because they want to defend their drug business, the goose that lays the golden eggs. Mexico is also going through fierce violence due to drug cartels.

Going back to the question, I'm sure the government and private institutions have done their best to make people aware of the negative consequences of drugs. Yet, in these times, there's a growing rate of drug consumption, and it's alarming to see younger generations and victims are taking part of it.

Nicole, I have heard the European Union has had a successful fight against illegal drug consumption, still the number of people who take them in grows. What has the government done about it? What are your government's banning attempts against drugs and what else can be done about it?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Drugs in your Country Medal10 Drugs in your Country Hug10 Drugs in your Country Pooky10 Drugs in your Country Cockta10 Drugs in your Country Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Campaings are good, and I'm sure the topic has also been considered at schools, but it is a problem that is hard to solve. Alcohol is legal, cigarettes are legal. The number of victims for alcohol or tobacco is larger than anything else, but this business is impossible to finish because even politicians benefit from it. Therefore, there is nothing to do but control excessive use, and it is hard to do.

About the other type of drugs such as marihuana, cocaine and other chemicals, some people say legalization is the best option. They say countries where the personal dose is approved have a more moderate rate of consumers, which leads to think the more you prohibit, the more it will happen. Do people deserve to choose if they can consume?

Alcohol is a social addiction, and the price to pay is really sad. It must be banned!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Drugs in your Country Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:31 pm

You've mentioned the right term: Social addiction.
And I agree with you in the fact that, sadly, tobacco and alcohol are business eve for the government, so they'll never ban such products. They disguise their intentions by banning, for example, their sponsorship in sports or cultural events but, anyway, they're always there.

I have my doubts about the legal personal dose being a solution. I think the only solution to overcome the problem of drugs is better life conditions: a better health system, better education at home, better education at school... If so, these people wouldn't turn to drugs as an answer to be somebody. Or it would be more easily controlled.
What I do agree with is that legalisation would help solve the traffic problem. Drug smuggling is a real major problem as I said before, and that's what I would like the government to solve first. Drug consumption as an individual is far more personal.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down