English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Religion and your life I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Religion and your life I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Religion and your life I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Religion and your life I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Religion and your life I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Religion and your life I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Religion and your life I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Religion and your life I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Religion and your life I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Religion and your life I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Religion and your life

3 posters

Go down

Religion and your life Empty Religion and your life

Post by MusicElf Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:20 pm

This week is special in countries like Colombia. We call it Holly Week, as this is the ween when we remember Jesus' death. Some people don't work during the whole week. On Sunday some churches celebrate the branches Sunday, when they commemorate Jesus' arrival to Jerusalem riding a donkey and being welcomed by most people. From Thursday to Sunday there is a holiday, starting when he died and finishing when he resurrected.

Some people commemorate these days in a sacred way. Others prefer to rest or even travel these days.

Also, many Latin American people may have been refreshed by the visit of the Pope in Mexico and Cuba, which was a significant visit to remember people that the church has not forgotten them and that the catholic faith is still on. It also had a political purpose, mainly in Cuba, which has suffered from an economic exemption for more than 50 years and is in a transition.

This visit and these holidays makes me wanna ask you what the role of religion in your life is. Are you a religious person? Has your perception on religion changed?
Has religion changed in your country and culture during the years? Has it lost power?
What is your opinion about new religions such as scientology?
Is spirituality the same to religion?
What is the good and bad about religion?

Let's discuss about these aspects! Wink

MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Religion and your life Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Religion and your life Empty Re: Religion and your life

Post by SOMU Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 pm

We here India has not such idea. But 6th April is govt holiday for Good Friday. Thanks Music elf for sharing whats happens in this week in your country.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Religion and your life Hug10 Religion and your life Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

What's religion in your life like, Somu? Very Happy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Religion and your life Medal10 Religion and your life Hug10 Religion and your life Pooky10 Religion and your life Cockta10 Religion and your life Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Being a HINDU , Hinduism my favorite religion Yes!
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Religion and your life Hug10 Religion and your life Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Why is Hinduism your favourite religion and which are the believes that Hinduism involves?
How long have you been a Hindu, Somu? Very Happy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Religion and your life Medal10 Religion and your life Hug10 Religion and your life Pooky10 Religion and your life Cockta10 Religion and your life Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:48 am

1. I love it as i am hindu by birth.
I love my religion there are some points which are very good

The reasons are :

1. The religion hindu has given equal right to worship god to both men and women.Both can go the temple and worship right equal for both

2. Hinduism there is no hard and fast rule which day and when u have to go temple regularly . When u get time you go to temple or worship god at home .

3. Hinduism is a very soft religion and rules are not hard and fast and imposed on you. The rules are revised with time and society needs.

4. Hindus don't support any terrorist activities no force to anyone to belief in this religion and old religion as well.

5. Hinduism is very liberal towards other religions example INDIA where 85% population Hindu still secular country.

Like all religions Hinduism also some disadvantages

1. Hinduism supports cast system from old age . where high cast low cast exit. That is main drawback of this religion nowadays its starting relaxing and not matters , but still some portion has belief in cast ism. That is main drawback and hit by all in Hinduism.There are 4 cast system in Hinduism generally Brahmin, Khatriya, baisya and sudra .

2. To convert from Hindu to other religion is easy but its very hard to become Hindu as conversion to Hindu is not easy . As there is still some rules one can be converted to Hindu but cannot be Brahmins. who are only section can be priest in a temple. This is generation by generations only as Brahmins married to Brahmins generally if a Brahmin girl married to a non Brahmin her children's no more Brahmins and not allowed to do priest job in temple..
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Applause Thanks for your very informative post, Somu! Yes!

I've been wondering as I see how the Holly Week advanced in many countries, as well as the perception of religion by other people, if our choice of religion depends on our own conveniences or, instead, on the believes involved in such tradition and, as a result, what is required from each one of us, no matter if it implies sacrifice. Question

I'd love to read your opinions, my friends! Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum