English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Apple's tax strategy I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Apple's tax strategy

4 posters

Go down

Apple's tax strategy Empty Apple's tax strategy

Post by Misor Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Today I read an article about how Apple manage to reduce its contributions in taxes.

Here is a extract from the New York Times:

Spoiler:

Here the complete piece of news: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/business/apples-tax-strategy-aims-at-low-tax-states-and-nations.html

So, what do you think about this strategies they are using?
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Apple's tax strategy Hug10 Apple's tax strategy Sunflower_Icon Apple's tax strategy Coffee10 Apple's tax strategy Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Apple's tax strategy Empty Re: Apple's tax strategy

Post by Cereal Killer Tue May 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Apple is not the only company that steals their country by omitting taxes but the number in the article is terrible, large companies don't only plan how to be more successful but also how to save money and skip taxes and stop paying their workers' welfare.

We can disagree with apple, and the best way to do it is by stopping buying their products as a way to protest against the criminal act of not paying taxes and abusing their employees.

However while people criticize companies like apple they are addicted to buying and consuming their products, so this situation will never end.
Cereal Killer
Cereal Killer
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue May 01, 2012 8:09 pm

No surprise, really. As Andy said, multinationals and giants's hobbies are ditching taxes and keeping sheep buying their products.
Cereal Killer wrote:We can disagree with apple, and the best way to do it is by stopping buying their products as a way to protest against the criminal act of not paying taxes and abusing their employees.

However while people criticize companies like apple they are addicted to buying and consuming their products, so this situation will never end.
Applause I totally agree, Andy, you couldn't have said that any better!!! I love technology as you can't imagine, but I've refrained from buying Apple products as a pacific protest against this and more facts (check the other thread). But only a half person out of 10 would do so, just because we're focused on our own interest only. People don't understand how serious it is that taxes are not paid.
In Latin America, many companies that became trustees and partners of European countries avoided not only taxes, but also social welfare debts with their employees. Yet, they never forget to charge perks in order to magnify their profit. Sadly, these fat cat's greed is the factor which doesn't let countries in Latin America and Asia advance. No

Oh, Apple...
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Apple's tax strategy Medal10 Apple's tax strategy Hug10 Apple's tax strategy Pooky10 Apple's tax strategy Cockta10 Apple's tax strategy Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Wed May 02, 2012 7:08 pm

I totally agree with you two. Companies should be responsible and pay all the taxes they are supposed to pay.

But, what do you think of one of the enterprisers reasons for avoiding taxes here in Colombia: I prefer not to pay taxes instead of paying them when I know many of them are stolen by government officers?
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Apple's tax strategy Hug10 Apple's tax strategy Sunflower_Icon Apple's tax strategy Coffee10 Apple's tax strategy Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat May 05, 2012 4:43 pm

That's a good but sensitive point, Jose: I understand it's utterly disappointing and upsetting to see how they steal, waste and disappear the money we invest by paying our taxes - it goes without saying that Colombia is one of the countries with the highest tax rates in the world. Yet, we can't be negligent and irresponsible, mainly when knowing that, sadly, we'll make us pay the debt anyway, even by prison punishment or even an official ban. It reminds me of the words in the Bible, Mark 12:17 (King James Version)

And Jesus answering said unto them, render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

We can't refrain from completing our duties as citizens, even despite knowing what they'll do with our money. That's why I think that these companies' actions are really reproachable, the way we are affected by the leak of all that money is scandalous!

How to solve corruption issues is another long story. Crying or Very sad This life won't be enough... Bawling
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Apple's tax strategy Medal10 Apple's tax strategy Hug10 Apple's tax strategy Pooky10 Apple's tax strategy Cockta10 Apple's tax strategy Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Stingy criminals!!!
But these wouldn't do that if the government weren't their accomplices. And they don't punish them because they also obtain benefits as individuals. I hate Apple because of that, and I will never buy an Apple product. First, they exploit their workers, then they earn a gross bunch of money, and they don't pay their local taxes? Go to hell, Apple!!!!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Apple's tax strategy Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: