English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Applications You Must Have On Your PC I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Applications You Must Have On Your PC

3 posters

Go down

Applications You Must Have On Your PC Empty Applications You Must Have On Your PC

Post by Anita Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi everyone! Hi

If you are a Windows user, you must make sure you have some basic applications to protect your rubb.... I mean, your operating system.

I'm an unhappy Windows 7 user and, besides the Anti-virus you must have - I followed your suggestions from the other thread - there are some key applications, such as CCleaner, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and, somewhere, I have the ComboFix which I have never used it, but I got it when I was trying to help mum get rid of a damn Trojan virus, TR/ATRAPS.Gen2 - we haven;t won the battle, though.

Is there any other application you would recommend to protect your PC?
If you're a Mac or a Linux user, is there any essential application to keep your machine as good as you can?
Writing

Broken While waiting for your replies, I'll continue helping mum clean her laptop. PC User

Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Applications You Must Have On Your PC Medal10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Hug10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Pooky10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Cockta10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Applications You Must Have On Your PC Empty Re: Applications You Must Have On Your PC

Post by Nicole Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I use a Mac. I don't a friend of windows. On my Mac I habe only a normal anti virus system.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Applications You Must Have On Your PC Medal10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Coffee10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Applications You Must Have On Your PC Empty Re: Applications You Must Have On Your PC

Post by Anita Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:04 pm

affraid So do you only have an antivirus? Wow!

Mmm... Windows is at risk every time. I really feel like trying Linux Ubuntu - I'm not that fond of Mac products, either.

We discussed previously about the best anti virus for our laptops. While Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is not an anti virus, it does help protecting and detecting some possible threats such as malware or corrupted files, so I guess it's a worth acquisition for Windows users. And it's free!! Cheesy

As a Mac user, which are the possible risks for you as a user? PC User
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Applications You Must Have On Your PC Medal10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Hug10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Pooky10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Cockta10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:32 am

Hey Anita,

Yes I'm a Mac - User. Before I start my study I had worked in the Media buisness so that I had to use Mac in this time because the program how I needed for my Old work, works only on Mac.
For Mac there are not so many risks than for Windows. The most Mac - Users don't have any program for protection but I think that it is a must have that you have antivir program for your Mac.
So I have an antivir program and I use "do not track +". I think to have the program "do not track" is a must have to protect your private dates.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Applications You Must Have On Your PC Medal10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Coffee10 Applications You Must Have On Your PC Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:09 pm

If buying an new notebook soon, I think Patricia is thinking of buying a Mac. I recently bought a computer, not an HP. Never again! I bought a Toshiba. My sin: Windows. I'm just waiting for the first opportunity to turn it into Linux Ubuntu. I'd really like to try this operating system, which also has little risks. I guess the struggle will be with drivers, but nowadays there are little worries about it.

Happy Face It seems Mac and PCs or laptops with other OS but Windows are definitely smart options.

Buuuhhh Windows!! Rotten Tomatoes
Neither Windows 8 seems to be safe. In many occasions, it is Microsoft itself and the Anti Virus companies themselves which release these systems risks, just to keep us updating, buying and worrying more and more about our machines. It has worked since the 90s.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:30 pm

However you don't have to have all the bunch of programs to save your computer if you have LINUX, which is a well developed and serious, reliable and rich OS. It is even better than Mac, which is only limited to the products and software of the same house. Sometime trashy applications is what you find in Apple apps.

So go for Linux to save yourself.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Applications You Must Have On Your PC Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 am

All OS have possible risks, but there is nothing like Windows. I'd like to try Linux, it is open source and developed by smart users without any profit interest, and I am sure it must have there must be useful tools to protect your system from danger and maintain your computer as good as you can, which is important as well - not only are virus the concern for users.

from Nicole's experience, I can infer Macs have no downsides at all, so it makes it a very convenient choice, and you don't have to worry about installing a great deal of software for system protection, which is damn boring, if you ask me. Razz
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Ana, have you thought of a disk partition?
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Applications You Must Have On Your PC Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm seriously thinking of it. Last Friday, my laptop got infected again. Bawling The more I take care of it the more things like that it happens! Gosh!...

A partition might be a partial solution. I might try a 60%-40% with Windows - Linux.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum