English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Children Books and Novels I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Children Books and Novels

3 posters

Go down

Children Books and Novels Empty Children Books and Novels

Post by Anita Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Hi, everybody!
Did you read as a child? How often did you read?
Which books did you read? Which were the most memorable for you? Hitting the Books

There are some children novels which are even captivating for adults, as there are good morals and situations from every story, and in many occasions they're exciting and moving!
So let's share those books we read when we were children! Yay! study
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Children Books and Novels Medal10 Children Books and Novels Hug10 Children Books and Novels Pooky10 Children Books and Novels Cockta10 Children Books and Novels Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Children Books and Novels Empty Re: Children Books and Novels

Post by Nicole Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 am

Hey,

when I was a child I loved it to read. I read for example "Mensch Pia". The story from "Mensch Pia" is about a teenager girl. Her brother dies when she was 15 , after this her family broke down. Two or three month later her parents decide that she has to go in a boarding because her school services weere porly. In this boarding she experiend a lot of things.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Children Books and Novels Medal10 Children Books and Novels Coffee10 Children Books and Novels Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Wow! It seems like a beautiful story!! Yes! Do you remember who the author is?
This king of stories are really interesting. Children go through hardship, yet they struggle to overcome it with courage, grace, honesty and a sweet heart! Yay! It would be wonderful if children had this image nowadays!

I remember reading Heart, written by Edmundo Di Amici. This had the stories of different children from a school, the book is captivating! Razz And some of the stories are sad, but overall they were full of good morals for the readers. I also remember reading the book Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain. What a naughty brat! But in the end he and his friends were very loyal friends, and many of the stories were fun. It hurt when he was spanked! ROTF

Have you read The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint Exuperì? I think it's a book which deserves some thought by adult readers, too, as it leads to think of how we have lost the sense and emotion of curiosity to explore the world and question ourselves about the things surrounding us. Very Happy

Now that I think, I read a lot when I was a child! Cheesy More than I imagined! Razz
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Children Books and Novels Medal10 Children Books and Novels Hug10 Children Books and Novels Pooky10 Children Books and Novels Cockta10 Children Books and Novels Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:31 pm

I just remember reading the typical child stories and The Little Prince. I wasn't an avid reader as a child, neither at school, so I confess I am very illiterate. Razz

Nicole, I googled and found that Mensch Pia was a German TV series, not a book. was your book based on the TV series or the opposite?
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Children Books and Novels Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey MusicElf,

I'm not sure what was first the book or the TV Production. I got the book after the series. When I was a child. I loved it to read so I always got books.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Children Books and Novels Medal10 Children Books and Novels Coffee10 Children Books and Novels Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Ahhhhh, so it's very possible that the book was based on the series. And I doubt it is possible to get it somewhere else, in any other country. It would have been fun to read it!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Children Books and Novels Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Well, many f the books we read as children are imposed at school, or they are read by our parents. In very few occasions we decide to read books on our own.

I agree with you both it would have been great to read the book Mensch Pia, it seems the story is a typical captivating children novel!

I want to read The Black Brothers. I knew about it because of the World Masterpiece Theatre series Romeo's Blue Skies, or Romeo and the Black Brothers. So far the story is about children who were taken away from their homes to work as chimney sweeps in Milan, and all their adventures as a gang as they join together to survive. It was a touching story as an anime series, now I feel like reading the book!

Children Books and Novels Rbs_pic2
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down