English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Psychology I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Psychology I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Psychology I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Psychology I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Psychology I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Psychology I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Psychology I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Psychology I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Psychology I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Psychology I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Psychology

3 posters

Go down

Psychology Empty Psychology

Post by Anita Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:35 am

Psychology is a very interesting, complex and astonishing field as it studies the brain function and behaviour of living beings, of course focusing on human behaviour. It has many ways in which it can be explored, and many areas of study: experimental psychology, social, constructivism, etc.

There's a wrong prototype of the psychologist as the mind reader, or the one who listens to you as you're there, laying on a couch. Psychology goes incredibly further, so I wonder if you have had any experience in which the studies of behaviour and the connection between the brain and our body, or even our emotions, has had an incidence in your life or your work.

Can you think of the benefits of psychology?
Have you personally been benefited by it?

Also, we ca discuss some everyday happenings which can be enlightened by psychological theories that are interesting indeed! Yes!

Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Psychology Medal10 Psychology Hug10 Psychology Pooky10 Psychology Cockta10 Psychology Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Psychology Empty Re: Psychology

Post by MusicElf Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 pm

I have never visited a psychologist, but I know psychologist are very special and necessary for different things in life. For example, organizations with no psychologist can be a total mess, they help selecting personnel correctly and thinking of their welfare - unless the chosen HR or staff are relatives of the owner of the organization.

I know that sales and marketing are highly influenced by psychology, they study people's preferences and trends when buying. Psychology is important for advertising, and sometimes - on a negative side - they abuse that knowledge about our thoughts to get away with it and sell products which are rubbish or which we do not actually need.

But hell yeah, psychology is important.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Psychology Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi, GrumpyElf! Yay!
I just replied your message, please check your PM.

I had a subject related to psychology at university, and I found it really fascinating! Happy I wish I had studied psychology, too! I learnt about approaches such as the constructivist field, humanism and the gestalt. Incredibly, behaviourism is still popular in education. I was also curious about psychoanalysis, though I do disagree with many of its principles - I've always thought Freud was bonkers! Dumb -, but, well... Who am I so say so?

Banana Dance I hope you feel like watching this interesting, yet shocking documentary about some of the studies carried out in experimental psychology. It shows some first experiments which let do some great discoveries in psychology fields such as behaviourism.

The Secret History of Mind Control

I had no idea about Pavlov's next experiments with stray dogs and children. Bawling

And this leads me to a thing my sister talked with a student... It has to do with how conflicting your believes become when you start learning about psychology. It would be interesting to hear the experience from a psychologist or psychology student. Yes!

Static As we're in psychology mood, I invite you to try the following psychological test from the BBC: Static Elephant

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
We make moral decisions all the time, but do we really understand why we make them?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] PC User
Try this first test! We'll discuss the results later. We'll share our agreements or disagreements on these results! Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Psychology Medal10 Psychology Hug10 Psychology Pooky10 Psychology Cockta10 Psychology Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 am

I'm watching the video, it is a very interesting ones! Yes!
If I'm now wrong, conditioning is one of the principles in advertising. That is pure evil psychology to make you associate garbage with glory.

I'm going to take the test and let you know what my score is. But later.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Psychology Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:51 am

I think psychology has two faces. You can do with psychology very good things or very bad things.
Psychology can help people how had a traumatic experience. For example in Germany the firefighters, police and soldiers have a own psychologycal service. This services help them to don't get a Post-traumatic stress disorder. (I hope the translation is correct).
So I think to use psychologycal in some situations can be very helpfull.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Psychology Medal10 Psychology Coffee10 Psychology Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Yes! Fantastic! Its different branches make psychology a very useful science!
The proverb claims, "Fire is a good servant but a bad master." More than the human brain and its studies, it is what we do with the info about our thoughts and behaviour what can be labelled good or wrong. Uses such as the one you've mentioned, Nicole, are really encouraging. Psychology 1139374093
On the other hand, uses such as the one GrumpyElf has mentioned are rather reproachable. Psychology 3708065048
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum