English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Something You'd Like To Get Back I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Something You'd Like To Get Back

3 posters

Go down

Something You'd Like To Get Back Empty Something You'd Like To Get Back

Post by Anita Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am

Hallo! Something You'd Like To Get Back 2317702173
This morning I read this piece of article about a woman who found another woman's wedding ring 40 years after its loss. I'm sure she must have been taken aback by such finding, mainly when the couple had given up on its search after a year or so. Lucky them!

I wonder if there's anything you've lost and you'd like to get back, or something you've sold or given away but truly miss. It could be an item from our childhood, from our teenage life, school life or, why not, something recent. Something You'd Like To Get Back 1682368401

Something You'd Like To Get Back 2427201833 I have lost countless things in stupid ways. While I don't miss the object themselves, I am sort of appalled at myself and my dumb ways to make them disappear! affraid I'm dangerous to myself! Something You'd Like To Get Back 1378288781

OK.... Who wants to start?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Something You'd Like To Get Back Medal10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Hug10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Pooky10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Cockta10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Something You'd Like To Get Back Empty Re: Something You'd Like To Get Back

Post by MusicElf Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:01 pm

There are many things I would like to get back in my life (talking about material things, of course... that is what the thread is about) because they meant a lot to me. One of the things was a picture of my grandfather that I lost when my wallet disappeared. Crying or Very sad That was the only memory I had from my grandfather, and I lost it about five years ago!!

Also, I would like to get back my first bicycle. It is the best one I have ever had, but it was damaged when I had a silly accident when I was 17 or 18. It was a really comfortable one, I really miss it!!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Something You'd Like To Get Back Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Then you have no chance to get your bike back, do you? Pity! Something You'd Like To Get Back 716288751
I guess it usually happens when you obtain an item you find useful; there is nothing like the first one, and it is rare to have another one overcoming the value the first one had.

I'm really sorry about your grandfather's picture. It must have been a serious loss since it was the only one you had. While memories help significantly, portraits are second to none when bringing people and past experiences back!

Has any lost item of yours returned to you in an unexpected way? Something You'd Like To Get Back 481982875
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Something You'd Like To Get Back Medal10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Hug10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Pooky10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Cockta10 Something You'd Like To Get Back Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by eion Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 am

Till now it hasn't happened to me, that I have lost one of my things and get back in an unexpected way. As I have lost a few things that I would really love to keep. Just like I have lost my silver wrist watch which I really liked to wear all the time, especially before going somewhere. But, Unfortunately I lost it while riding my bike. And I would really love to get it back or buy a similar one.
eion
eion

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Hey, Eion! What a pleasure to have you here!! Hug

No Aww! I'm really sorry about your wrist watch which, I'm sure, had a very special meaning to you. And it it's the one the cat's wearing in the picture or avatar, let me tell you it was a wonderful one! Wink

Unless you succeed in getting it back, I hope you can find a similar, if not the same style. While I guess you're not dependent on material posessions, such loss may be frustrating, so I hope your story's got a happy ending.

I now wonder whether you've ever given back something you've found. Perhaps there's a lucky person who owes you something! Cheesy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down