English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
What programming languages are you familiar with I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

What programming languages are you familiar with

4 posters

Go down

What programming languages are you familiar with Empty What programming languages are you familiar with

Post by shadowslight Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Whether its c++ or html. Or maybe something entirely different discuss your knowledge of programming languages

as for me. Im pretty good in html and php. Im working on extending my knowledge in Mysql but thats a little way off
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

My Mood : Tired x.x

http://soothingchaos.com

Back to top Go down

What programming languages are you familiar with Empty Re: What programming languages are you familiar with

Post by Anita Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Great! I wanted to learn C++ but I never had the chance. I could neither learn on my own! It's really challenging, still it is worthwhile! Wink
The same happened to me when learning PHP and MySQL. I almost break my PC down once I installed I-don't-know-what.

I'm familiar with HTML, and my challenge is to learn how to programme with PHP. I think it's a must, mainly when working with sites like these.

How long have you worked with PHP, Shadow?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : What programming languages are you familiar with Medal10 What programming languages are you familiar with Hug10 What programming languages are you familiar with Pooky10 What programming languages are you familiar with Cockta10 What programming languages are you familiar with Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

What programming languages are you familiar with Empty Re: What programming languages are you familiar with

Post by shadowslight Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 pm

I been working with it for about 2 years...approximately. Lol my chatroom has been a good target for practice Very Happy
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Ha ha! Very Happy Good boy! Well, it's relevant to have somewhere to practice what you've learnt, so thank you SC's chatroom for being the perfect Guinea Pig. Ha ha!! What's been the most challenging thing about learning PHP in your opinion?

How about MySQL? It deserves a lot of attention, as well! And correct me if I'm wrong... In a very old version of MySQL you also had to work with Apache, am I wrong?

Last edited by Anita on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : What programming languages are you familiar with Medal10 What programming languages are you familiar with Hug10 What programming languages are you familiar with Pooky10 What programming languages are you familiar with Cockta10 What programming languages are you familiar with Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowslight Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 pm

The program for the chat was really...slow and it took learning how to rewrite files (so the page would auto refresh and other customisations) to get it where its fairly quick. I still have to work out a few bugs but nothing major Very Happy

if my memory is right i think you do. But to be sure i will look it up for you Smile
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Laughing I remember it was when installing Apache that my PC didn't want to restart. Laughing
But as far as I know, now they're independent. I'll search some info, too. I might be puzzled.

Has it been easy for you to work with database as the owner of your site?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowslight Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Ive had a few troubles trying to understand workings of it but for the most part i do alright Smile
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:41 pm

ROTF LOL Laughing LOL!!! Funny!!!!

Are Sardars the community in India who are used as a target for jokes? In Colombia we've got the Pastusos. Bless them! Laughing

And thank heaven electricity was discovered! lol!

Great jokes, Somu! Static Cheesy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:56 am

Anita wrote:Laughing I remember it was when installing Apache that my PC didn't want to restart. Laughing
But as far as I know, now they're independent. I'll search some info, too. I might be puzzled.

Has it been easy for you to work with database as the owner of your site?

Yes as owner of your site you can play with database always.But never forgot to back up your database before playing with it. Chressssssssssss Yay!
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : What programming languages are you familiar with Hug10 What programming languages are you familiar with Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Hello Anita,

I'm familiar with html and a little bit with PHP but bye PHP I'm always a beginner. Embarassed
What is Apache I don't know the software ?

Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : What programming languages are you familiar with Medal10 What programming languages are you familiar with Coffee10 What programming languages are you familiar with Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Apache is a server software which support languages such as HTTP and PHP. It's one of the most common server software! Very Happy So you know a bit about PHP. Do you use it for your website?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowslight Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:17 am

php is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of things

random question... how does a line of php begin ?
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 am

Wow! You beat me, Shadow. I Don\'t Know I can't remember it. Razz Oops!

My age!!! ROTF

- That's what happens when you exclusively rely on free forums. Laughing
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowslight Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 am

Code:
<?php>
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:56 am

Razz I had forgotten...

I need to brush up PHP, for Jesus' sake!!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum