English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
They Will Never Fade Away... I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

They Will Never Fade Away...

4 posters

Go down

They Will Never Fade Away... Empty They Will Never Fade Away...

Post by Anita Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Technology, evolution, history, growth... They've brought about significant changes. Yet, there are some things in our planet that are meant to remain, no matter how much this world changes.

For instance, paper is in my opinion one of those things which will never disappear, no matter how technological our documents have become. I can see the pile of papers I've got on my desk and I confirm my thoughts! Laughing
It offers some flexibility that the screen will never replace. It's also more reliable and practical, as long as it's suitably used - not wasted, for instance, for advertisement and politics, there are much better ways for these causes.

Do you agree?
Is there any other item which, according to your viewpoint, will never disappear?
Why do you think so?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : They Will Never Fade Away... Medal10 They Will Never Fade Away... Hug10 They Will Never Fade Away... Pooky10 They Will Never Fade Away... Cockta10 They Will Never Fade Away... Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

They Will Never Fade Away... Empty Re: They Will Never Fade Away...

Post by MusicElf Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Sadly, tropical music will never fade away. I hate it!
And I think teachers won't ever disappear. Roles can change in relation with technology, but we'll always have teachers.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : They Will Never Fade Away... Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:25 am

Whew!!! Rolling Eyes That means a lot to me!

As I said in another thread, bikes won't ever disappear in my opinion, as they're significantly practical.
Soap operas won't disappear. And neither will tropical music. Sorry, GrumpyElf. Laughing
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : They Will Never Fade Away... Medal10 They Will Never Fade Away... Hug10 They Will Never Fade Away... Pooky10 They Will Never Fade Away... Cockta10 They Will Never Fade Away... Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:53 am

Dammit!

Banks will never disappear, despite all this global crisis. But I do think they are going to change, and there will be a unification. Not convenient for the banks but perfect for the masters, the ones who are behind the banks.

I wish MTV disappeared, but it's a curse that will never end.

I thought talk shows would disappear, but again, it is another endless nightmare.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : They Will Never Fade Away... Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:15 am

Hello Anita,

I hope paper want disappear someday. I hope it for the nature because production of paper are a big reason for deforestation of the rainforest. I think humans have to think more about the nature. Should we ignore the problems about this and the nature the world will pass away someday. So I hope that we need paper, oil and other ressource from nature will be disappear someday.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : They Will Never Fade Away... Medal10 They Will Never Fade Away... Coffee10 They Will Never Fade Away... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:57 pm

I couldn't agree more with you, Nicole! Yes! Sadly, despite being very useful and practical, the amount of water and the significant number of trees required to produce paper is scandalous. In addition, it's no secret that today paper's not used but WASTED, which should make us think twice before using paper. I think it won't disappear because of its practicity, as well as the fact that paper is ideal for red tape purposes. No
But I agree, its use should be drastically reduced or, why not, finished! Exclamation
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nora80 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 pm

I agree with both of you regarding paper.
We should reduce the use of paper in order to protect the nature, and these days, thanks to the technological development, all the informations that were written or printed on the paper can be digitized and read on the screen of a computer or mobile phone
And the online network has enabled the letters to be delivered in real time in the forn of an e-mail, so papers are losing its value in the digital society.
But I think paper will never disapper because it can contains more than just information - the heartful feeling of the writter!
People think hand-written letters are more sincere and appealing than emails or text messages. And most of all, I feel nostalgia for the past when people used to write letters for the beloved ones or a diary for themselves under the candle light inking the quill pen~
Isn't it such a romantic? Razz
nora80
nora80

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:58 am

nora80 wrote:People think hand-written letters are more sincere and appealing than emails or text messages. And most of all, I feel nostalgia for the past when people used to write letters for the beloved ones or a diary for themselves under the candle light inking the quill pen~
Isn't it such a romantic? Razz
I Agree I agree 1000% Yes!
When checking my life memorabilia, printed pictures or letters are far more meaningful than checking my 4-year-old E-Mails and digital photos. Also, academic sources are more reliable to me when they're books, not websites. Razz Yeah, maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I do agree with Jiwon, these (paper) letters are second to none!

Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum