English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Origami Challenge I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Origami Challenge

Go down

Origami Challenge Empty Origami Challenge

Post by Anita Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi Hi everyone!

Folding (or origami) is a very interesting talent that many of us do not have. Yet, with dedication and by taking steps we can learn to create some easy and intermediate figures. So I invite you for a weekly Origami Challenge, where we will post images of our achievements.

Let's start with an origami windmill. I've taken the images and tutorial from Origami Spirit, a wonderful website with countles practical ideas for folding creation.

So follow the instructions, post your pics and show off! Cheesy

Origami Challenge Origami-windmill-1
Origami Spirit wrote:If we place the model on the tip of a skewer and blow on it, as my little friend Haley shows in the photo above, it becomes a delightful inflatable origami windmill!

Origami Spirit wrote:Tips to make this windmill:
  • To make a circle from a square piece of paper, fold a preliminary base (fig.1).
  • Align a folded edge with the diagonal line (fig.2), but do not crease.
  • Make a mark on the diagonal line at the point where the corner falls (fig.3).
  • Cut a curved line from the bottom to the top corner, passing by the mark you created (fig.4).
  • Unfold and you have a circle (fig.5). Turn all the folds already in the paper into mountains on the colored side of the paper.
  • Use an inkless pen to score the curved folds, (valleys on the colored side, fig.6), then finish the model as shown in the video.

Origami Challenge Tips-1
Origami Spirit wrote:
  • Once all the folds have been made -as demonstrated in the video posted previously, rest the circular piece of paper flat in the open palm of your dominant hand.
    Identify the straight folds as valleys, and the curved folds as mountains.
  • Methodically pinch and emphasize each valley-fold toward the center of the paper. Continue pinching the valley-folds as the paper begins to take the form of a cup shape, cradled at its base by your hand.
  • Once you have a loosely formed cup, focus next on the curved mountain-folds and begin to pinch the ends of each as well, one by one.
  • Now gather the ends of these mountain-folds as you rotate the model in your hand.
  • To form the flat section place your non dominant palm so that it gently touches the outer border of the paper and impart a gentle twisting motion. This locks the egg-shape in place

Hopefully instructions are clear enough to accept the Origami Challenge! Party Time! Nerd
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Origami Challenge Medal10 Origami Challenge Hug10 Origami Challenge Pooky10 Origami Challenge Cockta10 Origami Challenge Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum