English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Your Turning Point I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Your Turning Point

4 posters

Go down

Your Turning Point Empty Your Turning Point

Post by Anita Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 am

Hi everyone! Hi
Today, while walking my dog for two hours and twenty-seven minutes, I thought about those turning points in a person life, those moments which changed our lives or, why not, someone else's lives. A conversation, a change, something you loss, a piece of news, a decision, a TV programme, the lottery, a book you read, someone's words, an episode from The Simpson, Rebecca Black...

What was that which changed your life forever?
What would your life be like if it weren't for that turning point
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Turning Point Medal10 Your Turning Point Hug10 Your Turning Point Pooky10 Your Turning Point Cockta10 Your Turning Point Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Your Turning Point Empty Re: Your Turning Point

Post by MusicElf Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 am

My turning point was when my father died. It made me feel responsible for my family. It was 7 years ago, and now I'm trying my best to protect the ones that live with me.
University is another turning point. Now I see life in a different, more complex way. Contact with other people has helped me.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Turning Point Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:50 pm

So they've been a change for good, haven't they? Yes!

What would your life be like if these turning points hadn't taken place?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Turning Point Medal10 Your Turning Point Hug10 Your Turning Point Pooky10 Your Turning Point Cockta10 Your Turning Point Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:37 pm

If these changes had not happened, I would be a spoiled baby today. I miss my father, but I turned the experience into good.
And my studies help me get money for my home, so I depend a lot on my studies and work!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by T'ani Rein Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 pm

I would have to say the first turning point in my life was when I was 16. I graduated High School a year earlier than I would have, and this led to many undesired events. My brother dropped out of school, I had some difficulty trying to get into college and quickly moved out of my parents house. I fell into a rut which I'm only now getting myself out of.

The second turning point in my life was a couple of months ago when I was, for all intents and purposes, homeless. I was told by someone close to me that they expected me to be a failure for the rest of my life. I would be lying if I said this motivated me, after all, I had already been trying to get back into school. Instead, it pushed me to stop living for everyone else instead of myself; to stop pleasing people and start building my life the way I want it rather than the way everyone else wants it.

While these are not the happiest of events or circumstances, I am who I am because of them. I have been through hard times and so I appreciate what I have. I know who my real friends are and I am driven to get my life in order. Smile
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

My Mood : happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 pm

I Agree I totally agree! It's not having a perfect life but struggling with constructive experiences what makes you grow up. Otherwise, our life would be a fantasy story, we'd be in a bubble... And sooner or later life will demand maturity. So it is positive that you took the best out of these experiences. What is your relation with your parents like nowadays? And how about your brother?

Yes! I also agree that one of the most valuable lessons is to stop depending on everyone's opinions and perceptions. While we may love them a lot, we love them the way they are, they must love us the way we are. One thing is to offer assistance or advice, and a very different one is to pretend to rule this person's life.
Sadly, this lesson is usually learnt the hard way. But it's better late than never!

So I'm glad to know you feel stronger now, T'ani! Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T'ani Rein Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:35 pm

My relationship with my parents is usually rather unstable. My mom has an explosive temper, but whenever we fight, we usually get over our differences quickly. My dad is harder for me to get along with... Our personalities simply don't belong together lol. My brother and I used to be quite close until a few years ago. Since then he's been busy taking care of his family and we've gone our separate ways. He's doing well.
T'ani Rein
T'ani Rein
Content Poster
Content Poster

My Mood : happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:32 am

Well, thank heaven he's well and enjoying his family. Very Happy
While you may love your family a lot, if there is incompatibility in terms of personality or reaction, sometimes distance may help. That's much better than hurting each other in a never-ending quarrel.
Do you get on with your brother's children? Hopefully, when his kids grow up a bit more, he won't be as busy as he's now so that you two can share some more time again. Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:50 pm

I was thinking a long time whether I should respond here on the topic.
In my life I had more then one turning point. But there are two points how had changed my life. The first one was where my Grandfather died because I grew up with my grandparents. I learned a many things from my Grandfather and after his death I promised him that I will do all that he can be proud of me. I know that he was proud of me before he died but I hope that he is proud of me now.
The second one was when I was waiting of the results from a doctor last year. In this time I was thinking that all my dreams can't be true. Because when I was a child I was very ill and I was thinking the sickness is back. After getting god results this I knew that I will fight for my dreams.
Both points changed my life in a individual way.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Your Turning Point Medal10 Your Turning Point Coffee10 Your Turning Point Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue May 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Hug Thanks for sharing these experiences, Nicole!

Regarding your granddad's expectations, I'm sure he would be utterly proud of you, because you're a hard-working, correct, humble, smart and unique woman with a well-built character and who reflects lots of good values. There's no reason why he wouldn't be proud of you! Yes!

Wow! The second experience was strong. I can't imagine being unsure about one's life elongation because of any illness. Yet, God and life have given you a well-deserved second and longer chance... It's those moments which teach you how precious life is! And now you've got the privilege of having a far healthier life than the one you had as a child, s I'm sure you know how to treasure it!

without a doubt, these moments must have changed your life deeply!! Very Happy And the best, it was a change for good! Yes!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sun May 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Surprised Nicole, was it a serious disease???

What did you suffer from when you were a young child? Are you better now? I hope so!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: