English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
The Veggie World I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
The Veggie World I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
The Veggie World I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
The Veggie World I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
The Veggie World I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
The Veggie World I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
The Veggie World I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
The Veggie World I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
The Veggie World I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
The Veggie World I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

The Veggie World

3 posters

Go down

The Veggie World Empty The Veggie World

Post by Anita Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:50 pm

The Veggie World International-Vegetarian-Union-224x300
Is any of you a vegetarian or a vegan?
This tendency is spreading in a fast way. And there are reasons for it to happen.
People have become aware of the practices behind the food industry, in which animals are mistreated, mainly in companies which deal with a massive amount of products and sales.
Many people are pro-life, and they're keen on animals up to a point they leave their old eating habits in order to favour animal life.

How easy is it to become a veggie? What are the benefits of being a vegan? What about its drawbacks?
Is there any justification to eat meat?

Let's discuss about this topic, of course with the respect that every tendency deserves. Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Veggie World Medal10 The Veggie World Hug10 The Veggie World Pooky10 The Veggie World Cockta10 The Veggie World Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

The Veggie World Empty Re: The Veggie World

Post by Misor Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I think it is a bit difficult to become vegan or vegetarian, not just because you would be avoiding a kind of food, some says is necessary for our organism, but also because the reaction the body takes when you suddenly stops eating certain kind of food like Meat, milk, eggs, etcetera.

Even though, I wouldn't become vegan or vegetarian by now, I think it's an interesting point of view nature and to think and make us more conscious about the problem environment is going through and, of course, it's a way to help to solve those issues.
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Veggie World Hug10 The Veggie World Sunflower_Icon The Veggie World Coffee10 The Veggie World Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Misor wrote:Some people say it is necessary for our organism, but also because the reaction the body takes when you suddenly stops eating certain kind of food like Meat, milk, eggs, etcetera.
Well, the idea is to start this diet little by little. Sadly, some people start all at once, that's when they suffer these awful consequnces of deficient components.

For some people, being a vegetarian's just a matter of health, whereas for others it's an ethical issue. The proportion of vegetarians and omnivors is really different. Some studies are trying to figure out whether being a vegetarian really helps as much as it is said - physically and environmentally. I just think it deserves a lot of awareness, it shouldn't be just a fad.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Veggie World Medal10 The Veggie World Hug10 The Veggie World Pooky10 The Veggie World Cockta10 The Veggie World Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:44 am

I am in the transition to be vegetarian. I have some complementary pills to compensate the proteins and things that I will miss once I don't eat meat. I don't eat eggs, but I drink milk. I think changing my way ot life is a lot better than sacrificing the life of a living being. And today it isn't as difficult as it was some time ago.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : The Veggie World Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Why did you decide to become a veggie, GrumpyElf? Because of animal abuse?

I'm eager to adapt to a less-meat diet, but I'm afraid I'll never become a vegetarian. I tried, but my body's not tolerant to some food which is essential for a veggie diet, for instance, gluten or soy. Crying or Very sad
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down