English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Is World Population Important? I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Is World Population Important?

3 posters

Go down

Is World Population Important? Empty Is World Population Important?

Post by Anita Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi, everyone! Wink

It's said that the inhabitant number 7 billion in our planet will be born this month. Some experts claim that, while it may bring opportunities, this also brings about serious concerns which are obvious: wealth distribution, education, social services and governability.

What's your opinion about overpopulation?
How can this phenomenon be controlled in a practical way?
Do you think it can affect YOU, your family and future plans somehow?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Is World Population Important? Medal10 Is World Population Important? Hug10 Is World Population Important? Pooky10 Is World Population Important? Cockta10 Is World Population Important? Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Is World Population Important? Empty Re: Is World Population Important?

Post by SOMU Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:22 am

Over population may effect environment, economy . All should be concerned about it.

First thing we have to educate people about it . Nations also have a lot of work to do in it. Nowadays in countries like china and india where population is too much its become a matter of concern for them.

Indian government come up with a policy 3rd child will attract fine.Also china implementing similar policy for more than 2 children.

I think it can effect me a lot. nowadays school education become costlier.Also after school college education donation money for each child for better education.More you have children more costing on you and you ultimately cannot afford a nice life for you and as well as for your all children.

SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Is World Population Important? Hug10 Is World Population Important? Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:47 am

Hi, Somu!
You're right, education seems seriously affected by a larger population rate. You can't afford for suitable education for all your children, and there's a moment in which the possible aid given by the government - if there's any - won't be enough. Let alone the saturation in institution as the demand increases.

I also agree with you that education to families is essential. Today, even governments are thinking of strategies to reduce the birth rate - even abortion's been discussed, if not permitted. My concern is that this education is not reaching the ones who need it, and not in the way it should be. I think sexual education is a very first step. In may institutions, they teach you that sexual education's just wearing a condom. That's too far from reality!
It implies respecting your own body, knowing about suitable moments to have sex and start forming a family, how to detect sexual abuse, etc. In this way, many unwanted pregnancies would be controlled. I am pro-life, and I think this kind of education would help prevent the arrival of children from families who are not prepared.

Somu, would you please let us know a bit more about the birth control your government's got? You mentioned that once a third baby's born there's a fine. I've also read there's a serious girl birth control. How true is that?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Is World Population Important? Medal10 Is World Population Important? Hug10 Is World Population Important? Pooky10 Is World Population Important? Cockta10 Is World Population Important? Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

No that's in some interior places. Still ratio of boy and girls in India is satisfactory.Our Indian government now with a strategy to give 25$ on birth to a girl child in village areas. Also education is free for girl in govt institutions up to undergraduate levels.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Is World Population Important? Hug10 Is World Population Important? Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:40 am

That's excellent news. There was a controversy which rose after the publication of a study on birth rate, which illusteated that in some of these interior places you mentioned the rate of abortions of baby girls is dramatic. Yet, it's great to know they're stimulating the formation and education of families, mainly when knowing that the country population's growing. Smile

What's the average number of members in an Indian family now? In Colombia, there's been a slight reduction in these years: from a family of seven to a family of four people. The number of Colombians basically remains as this is not the average of family members in the country, where the previous tendency goes on.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

The average family size in India is 4.625 people. its unconfirmed source for 2011 census.as per 2001 census it was 5.3

Last edited by SOMU on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:57 am

Ha ha ha! I like how you deal with numbers. Say hello to member number 0.625! Laughing

Well, I can see it's not significantly differente from the average family here in my country! :DI wonder if, besides fining families whose number of chindren overcomes two, there are other regulations, or if you agree there should be any other regulation.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:59 am

Its census number as some with 7 some with 3 its a average of census report.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah, I was just kidding. Razz Not all families have the same number of members, and it can vary significantly in regions or particular families. There are families even in western countries - where birth control has been massive - where they overcome 20! Fortunately, many of these families can really afford this number of children, whereas there are others who find it difficult, still they don't stop. Sad That's when I complain about large families.

I invite you to take just about an hour if you can and watch this documentary from the BBC - Horizon: How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth. What do you think of it?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Where was the inhabitant 7 billion born? Laughing

MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Is World Population Important? Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:22 am

I'm not sure whether he's the inhabitant 7 billion... Mainly when there are so many babies that are born simultaneously. I just know THIS is the one they're talking about:

Is World Population Important? The-inhabitant-7-billion-land-is-called-Piotr-and-Russian-498x226

I think the concern shouldn't be how many of us are there. Yet, organisations and politicians make us think that way just because they're not interested in coping with the real matter: distribution, production and consumption. A misconception in these fields is what's killsing the planet, mainly because we're reaching a level in which the average population consumes more than we have, while there are communities who can't access basic services such as water and decent food.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down