English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest?

+5
shadowslight
SOMU
Misor
Nicole
Anita
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Empty Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest?

Post by Anita Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:38 am

PC User Hi, everyone!
Which anti-virus do you use?
I'm a Windows 7 Started user (that's what my mini can put up with) and I use AVG 2012. While it's a good antivirus and it detects most of the threats, it slows my computer down in a terrible way. Also, I don't find its system tools very reliable, and you have to find the perfect witch spell in order to uninstall it completely!!

I wish to change my Anti-Virus, and I'd be glad to know which one you'd suggest.
Cheesy Anyone?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Medal10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Pooky10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Cockta10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Empty Re: Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest?

Post by Nicole Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:19 am

Hello Anita I use for my netbook Antivir from Avira. I think it is a good software and it slows my computer not down. Norton is a other good software but not for free. I think the most important is to update the software regularly. So I will wait what for a software you will choose. Smile

(P.S.: Your new Profile Picture is very nice )

Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Medal10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Coffee10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Empty Re: Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest?

Post by Anita Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Cheesy Thanks for the profile pic compliment! I look nice, don't I? Sarcastic

I've heard Avira's a really good one, and it doesn't slow down the system. I wonder, though, whether it's got any possibility to schedule the system check-up. One more thing I liked about AVG was the link check system, so it kind of protected me while surfing the web.

Norton's a great antivirus. I had it when it came with my brand new PC a couple of years ago. While its license is kind of pricey, it offers full protection. Its virus database is very complete, as well. Yes!

I feel like trying Avira. Depending on its results, I'll stay with it. Otherwise, I'll invest on my PC (every year... I Don\'t Know )

Is there a paid version of Avira? I guess there must be one with more complete features...
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Medal10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Pooky10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Cockta10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Yes there is a paid version. When you get on the homepage from Avira you can choose the version you want. I'm happy with Avira so I hope it will help you.

Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Medal10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Coffee10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm gonna have a go with Avira, and I'll let you know the results.

It seems McAffee has lost a lot of popularity, though some people say it keeps on being a great option. ESSET Nod 32 used to be a good one, but it isn't as reliable as before. And it slows down the PC in a terrible way even when updating, which is a pity. Its virus definitions aren't as good as before, in my opinion. Razz
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44 am

I use Avast anti virus. It is free and paid version. I use the free version and I'm really satisfied by its performance. It detect any threat from USB disks and also from web page I visit. I think it doesn't slow down my PC, not sure about that.
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Sunflower_Icon Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Coffee10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:46 pm

I remember having had Avast once in my long life... It did slow down my computer, although newer versions might be lighter. Yes! It was a good one, I can't really remember why I changed my software, I guess it had to do with the free version license problem.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:50 am

Norton 2012 is a great antivirus i am using it now. Previously its 2011.Its not very pricy but have to use a trick.

Just install 3 month trial version and click renew .You will get discounted renewal rate. Don't go directly and purchase a license. Use this method. I got it for less than 10$ for one year by using this method.

I installed 3 month trial version of Norton 2011 and after 2 month i went to renew it with the link on it to renew. It cost me less than 10$ and later i upgrade it to Norton antivirus 2012.

I am using it with comodo free firewall software. complete solution for me. Avira i tested good also.

Another good option is kasparsy its a very good antivirus software .

In list of free antivirus software use avg 2012 best as per my view. Also use a firewall from comodo.
Smile
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 pm

I wish to have a go with Norton again. My little problem is that I don't have a credit card and I don't want to get one. Razz
Norton's number 1 anti-virus, followed by Kaspersky and Avira, according to what I've read. AVG's a good one, too.

Is Comodo exclusively a firewall software, Somu? Very Happy It seems effective, as well! Yes!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowslight Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:19 am

i was gonna recommend doing something like somu did but it is very clear he beat me to it Laughing
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

My Mood : Tired x.x

http://soothingchaos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 am

Hug Hi, Shadowslight!! Happy How do you do?
So you use Norton as well, don't you? I remember I used it for 3 months. It was a reliable antivirus!!! Yes!

I set up Avira 3 days ago. It found a hacking item that neither AVG nor Malwarebytes nor the Windows security thing nor Nod32 found. It was he APPL/KillApp.A, which was hosted in the recovery disc, if I'm not wrong. Darn virus. Go back home! Tongue

Once I get the money for it, I won't hesitate to buy the Norton Security Software. I like its firewall!! Yes!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowslight Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 am

it wasnt norton i used but a different one.

im doing well.

the answer to the riddle is : a clock /offtopic
shadowslight
Content Poster
Content Poster

My Mood : Tired x.x

http://soothingchaos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:21 am

Razz Correct! That's the answer to the riddle! Cheesy

Can I know which Anti-Virus you used?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Anita wrote:I wish to have a go with Norton again. My little problem is that I don't have a credit card and I don't want to get one. Razz
Norton's number 1 anti-virus, followed by Kaspersky and Avira, according to what I've read. AVG's a good one, too.

Is Comodo exclusively a firewall software, Somu? Very Happy It seems effective, as well! Yes!

Norton you can buy with any verified by visa debit card. I brought it with international visa debit card. Chressssssssssss. Very Happy

Comodo has internet security also but its antivirus is not a good one. Its firewall is best in the world.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by LADYBLUE Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:43 pm

I advice to go with Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
LADYBLUE
Baby Forum Member
Baby Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi, Lady!! Welcome Welcome to the family! Static Would you mind introducing yourself? Happy

Kaspersky has been one of the most remarked anti-virus throughout the latest years, so it seems a mandatory option to try! Yes! How long have you used it?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LADYBLUE Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 am

Anita wrote: Hi, Lady!! Welcome Welcome to the family! Static Would you mind introducing yourself? Happy

Kaspersky has been one of the most remarked anti-virus throughout the latest years, so it seems a mandatory option to try! Yes! How long have you used it?

Whatever.. But i still recommend KASPERSKY Internet Security 2012. I am using since 2005. Its works fine.
LADYBLUE
Baby Forum Member
Baby Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 am

Wow!!! 2005! So it's been good enough to keep it for years!! Yes! That says a lot about the software!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Smile
I used Kaspersky for several years.
But no more.
Why pay when the freebies are so good?

MS Security Essentials is pretty good.

But I prefer Comodo Internet Security.

Both of these are free.

zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? Sunflower_Icon

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:03 pm

zebadee_19 wrote:Why pay when the freebies are so good?
Yes! Correct, Martin! While their ads promise heaven if you buy it, actually the free versions offer the basic protection you need. That's all we want - unless you need a total protection of your machine even in the afterlife!

zebadee_19 wrote:MS Security Essentials is pretty good.
But I prefer Comodo Internet Security.
I didn't trust the MS Security Essentials, but in the latest two months I've had the opportunity to see how good it is. And I'd never heard of Comodo until you mentioned, guys, I've downloaded it and set it up. Wink Thanks for the suggestion!

I didn't know Kaspersky had a free version!!! That's excellent news! Razz It's a really good one!

If I see an antivirus is good and it's worth paying for more protection, I won't hesitate to purchase it - not before getting a credit card! Cheesy

Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi Smile
The only problem with MS Essentials.
Is the updating.
Do not rely on on it being done automatically.
Manual updating on a daily basis reveals some lax attitudes here.

Comodo, can for some take time to set up correctly.
Depending on your needs.
It can also put a strain on some systems.

Kaspersky doesn't do anything of note for free.

If you really like its approach.
Avira free comes close.
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:50 pm

zebadee_19 wrote:Kaspersky doesn't do anything of note for free.
Oh, I see! Wink
I've just set up Avira after Nicole's suggestion. So far it's been a good AV, it started very well, it detected a hacking software somewhere in my system as soon as its first check-up started! pale . something that no other AV had detected. Razz

I always like updating manually. If it's already updated, I don't mind. Otherwise, I always do. I learnt that from MS Security Essentials... Lazy one! But it does offer good protection and a deep system revision.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi Smile
If you are going to use Avira.
Then you might like to run "Spybot" as well.
Avira like many stand alone antivirus can be a bit lacking with spyware etc.
Spybot fills the gap... lol!

On the other hand Comodo Internet Security does it all.
Antivirus - firewall - spyware - browser.
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Yes! I see. If I only wanted to set Comodo up,is it OK?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Anita wrote:Yes! I see. If I only wanted to set Comodo up,is it OK?

Hi Smile
Yes ...

zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next