English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest?

+5
shadowslight
SOMU
Misor
Nicole
Anita
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest?

Post by Anita Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 pm

I see! Then I feel like having a go. Static

Thanks indeed for the suggestion! flower
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Medal10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Pooky10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Cockta10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest?

Post by SOMU Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:56 pm

Comodo is best in terms of firewall only , not as antivirus its very reliable. Hacker 's have to think twice if u have comodo firewall installed. For a free complete solution of intern ate security use

1. Avira antivirus + comodo firewall + Adware Se

Your complete tight secured total protection if you want to stay for free

2.Other wise go with kaspersky internet security or norton internate security. paid solution all in one software

3. Norton antivirus its included anti spyware also + comodo firewall ( one paid + one free)

Nowadays no credit card needed just fill up the credit card information page your visa verified debit card info in norton store

cheers
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi Smile
In the latest tests 2012.
Kaspersky gets identical rating to Comodo.
4.5 out 6.
Norton got 5.0 out 6.

Both Avira & Kaspersky have seen the competition from freebies close up in terms of antivirus.

Norton while good is definately a desktop solution.
A good desktop at that.
Anything less struggles.
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Sunflower_Icon

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm

So AVG is not in the top 5 at all?
Darn, and that's the one I'd used for years!! Whistle
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Medal10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Hug10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Pooky10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Cockta10 Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Anita wrote:So AVG is not in the top 5 at all?
Darn, and that's the one I'd used for years!! Whistle

Hi Smile
AVG is good.
Most popular download on some free sites.
Also Avast (not already mentioned here).

Top free a/v

#1 - AVG
#2 - Avast
#3 - Avira

The above relates to the number of downloads/possible users.

Last edited by zebadee_19 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by LIKALEL Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Well my friends, I prefer Microsoft Security Essentials , because is good Antivirus...But Avast , I donĀ“t like , because I have problem with Uptadtes...
LIKALEL
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 am

zebadee_19 wrote:Most popular download on some free sites.

#1 - AVG
#2 - Avast
#3 - Avira

But AVG was better some years ago, wasn't it? and it eats up a lot of system resources.

Yes! I agree with the ones who defend Norton. It's the most complete protection. Kaspersky is good but too complex, too sad. However, it's recommended.

Zebadee, so you suggest Kaspersky is the best free anti-virus? You seem to know a lot about them!! Happy
Somu seems very knowledgeable about them as well.

I think more than its popularity - some people download them because they're easy to use in terms of updates - is the effectiveness of their action. Some antivirus detect them, but they don't solve the problem (quarantine or deletion). That was what happened to me and AVG.

Cheers!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Which Anti-Virus Would You Suggest? - Page 2 Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:56 am

Martin, is this ranking CNet's rank?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:15 pm

MusicElf wrote:
zebadee_19 wrote:Most popular download on some free sites.

#1 - AVG
#2 - Avast
#3 - Avira

But AVG was better some years ago, wasn't it? and it eats up a lot of system resources.

Yes! I agree with the ones who defend Norton. It's the most complete protection. Kaspersky is good but too complex, too sad. However, it's recommended.

Zebadee, so you suggest Kaspersky is the best free anti-virus? You seem to know a lot about them!! Happy
Somu seems very knowledgeable about them as well.

I think more than its popularity - some people download them because they're easy to use in terms of updates - is the effectiveness of their action. Some antivirus detect them, but they don't solve the problem (quarantine or deletion). That was what happened to me and AVG.

Cheers!

Hi Smile
Check this out.
You may need to login
If so PM me

http://www.which.co.uk/technology/software/reviews/security-software/
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee_19 Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Anita wrote:Martin, is this ranking CNet's rank?

Hi Smile
Yes.
Down by volume of downloads.
So not an exact science.
zebadee_19
zebadee_19
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Well, anyway, nowadays people choose their system protection not only based on how affordable it is, but also on how good it is, and thank heaven we have a good number of choices! Yes! Sometimes they've got just slight differences!

Applause Your posts have been really informative, Martin! Wink Thanks!!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2