English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Animals and their life in an animal shelter I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Animals and their life in an animal shelter

4 posters

Go down

Animals and their life in an animal shelter Empty Animals and their life in an animal shelter

Post by Nicole Wed May 09, 2012 6:50 am

Last week I was in a animal shelter in my town after this visit I was thinking about the animals and there life in this shelter.
So I think it is a good topic to discuss here.

In Germany we have many animal shelters and I know that the situation in other countries is not better. How is the situation in your country ? How is the life from the animals in animal shelter in your country ?
Have there special rules in this buildings like after 1 year or shorter they kill the animals ?

Im curious about your answers.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Animals and their life in an animal shelter Medal10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Coffee10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Animals and their life in an animal shelter Empty Re: Animals and their life in an animal shelter

Post by Anita Sat May 12, 2012 10:21 pm

My dear Nicole, can I know why you visited this animal shelter? I'm just curious... Whistle

In Colombia, the legislation for animal protection is lame. There's only limited protection for wild animals not to be smuggled or kept as domestic animals, and that's it. There's nothing to protect pets or animals in farms, circuses, etc.

Have you read the book that I sent you, the chapter about zorras?

Animals and their life in an animal shelter 105356579_b700eccd5f

This is animal abuse, mainly because the weight these poor horses have to carry is as much as 20 times their own weight. What do authorities here in Colombia do about it? Nothing!

Street dogs are also common here, not only in big cities, but of course mainly here in big cities. Most families are not into the culture of sterilization to avoid new breeds yet. As a result, there are plenty of homeless dogs, and some of them are rescued by foundations, kennels or shelters.

Still, as the government couldn't care less about animals, you can imagine the situation of these animals in shelters. They basically survive from donations, and sometimes animal wardens have to struggle in order to get by. Many of these are voluntary workers.

I truly prefer rescuing a dog from these shelters than buying them in a pet shop. Firstly, because I feel buying an animal is like buying a son, a baby. We'd never do that, would we? Secondly, because we're giving these babies a new opportunity of life they deserve.

Do you know any experience of animals that have been rescued?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Animals and their life in an animal shelter Medal10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Hug10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Pooky10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Cockta10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Animals and their life in an animal shelter Empty Re: Animals and their life in an animal shelter

Post by Nicole Sun May 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Hey Anita,

sorry for this late answer. I was there because I want help there as a person where go for a walk with the dogs. That's sometimes the only change fpr the dogs to come out of the cage.

Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Animals and their life in an animal shelter Medal10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Coffee10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon May 28, 2012 4:16 am

Yes! I see, Nicole!
Are there any rules in your country, like the one you mentioned before? Are conditions for dogs favourable in animal shelters in Germany?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Animals and their life in an animal shelter Medal10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Hug10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Pooky10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Cockta10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 am

Animals and their life in an animal shelter IndiaSand

same as colombia picture here in India. Very Happy
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Animals and their life in an animal shelter Hug10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Look this video to know how animals are here in India

SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Animals and their life in an animal shelter Hug10 Animals and their life in an animal shelter Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Wed May 30, 2012 12:15 pm

law is there but no implantation. This going on on rural places more and no law there to save them nowhere this law implicated.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed May 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Hug Hi, Somu!!!

OMG!!! The video is impacting! All the aspects animals may suffer from are included there, in the PCA law from 1960. Yet, as you've said, it's hard to control everyone and every area, mainly as rural areas are limited in terms of security control. What a pity, because this legislation is meant to be taken seriously.

If only there was more awareness from citizens to report such events...

Yes! Thanks for sharing, Somu!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 am

In Colombia, lawmakers and the government are so stupid that they just make laws to protect themselves. They give a damn about animal protection and, even more, they treat us like animals. That is why I think we will never have a law like the one that Somu has shown - By the way, Somu, thank you for the video! Impacting images but relevant information, the law is very clear! Why do you say it is not applied totally?

If animal protection was serious, they would even watch over kennels, were sometimes animals are mistreated! Sometimes they are sacrificed in these shelters, mainly when there is a moderate time in which these animals are not adopted or when they are very sick.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Animals and their life in an animal shelter Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:07 pm

You're sadly right, GrumpyElf: Animal protection in our country was just proposed as a political hook, not as a real intention. Therefore, it will be many years before they do anything about it again. Sad
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:50 am

I think the best for some animals is to have them sacrificed instead of having them in a shelter, suffering. As long as this is carried out in a decent way and with dignity, this solution is more convenient than keeping them caged. That is what most animal shelters are. Oh, and the pet shops, too. They suck!! Having animals drugged and in filthy conditions is unforgivable! Mad
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 am

Hmmmm.... I Don\'t Know I think the most sensible way to cope with the problem is not getting rid of the animals, mainly if we know the core problem is the system itself. By having clear rules about animal protection and keeping - just like the ones that Somu shared, and by making the law serious, I´m sure shelters would become a fantastic source of jobs and the answer to animals which need help while they are adopted. Indeed, the adoption trend must be promoted instead of pet shops!

No Executing them is not the solution!!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

But no one is going to adopt them, and you don't want them to die abandoned or lonely. As long as it is death with dignity, it is the best fate they can face!

And they should punish people who mistreat animals in a way they never forget. Money doesn't solve things. Oh, and it includes people who have filthy and poorly managed pet shops!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down