English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Discussion of the Week: Proposals I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Discussion of the Week: Proposals

+2
Misor
Anita
6 posters

Go down

Discussion of the Week: Proposals Empty Discussion of the Week: Proposals

Post by Anita Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Hi, everyone!
It's time to propose the Discussion of the Week. It's like a mega thread, a rich discussion on a specific topic. While there are less than 10 members in this new forum, I'm sure we can have a really interesting duscission. So you can propose the topics to talk about. There will be a guest moderator - other than Jose and me - who will lead the discussion and control it. As we're nearly four active participants, I guess this role won't take too much. But as our family grows, this will become more and more interesting!

So, any proposal for the Discussion of the Week? Razz
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Medal10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Hug10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Pooky10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Cockta10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Discussion of the Week: Proposals Empty Re: Discussion of the Week: Proposals

Post by Misor Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:58 am

I propose: Facebook tracking users. Because almost everybody have and account and is a privacy problem!
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Hug10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Sunflower_Icon Discussion of the Week: Proposals Coffee10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Cockta10

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:59 am

I love the topic!!! I found it concerning - so concerning that, as you could see, I closed my account! Razz I like the topic. Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Medal10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Hug10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Pooky10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Cockta10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Yeah, I realised it Sad
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Hug10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Sunflower_Icon Discussion of the Week: Proposals Coffee10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Cockta10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Do you miss me? albino Ha ha ha!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 pm

A new week's just started and, along with it, an opportunity to propose a new topic for discussion this week. Is there any topic you'd like to consider? Static
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:11 am

I think a good topic could be the financial crisis and what you think about it. What is your meaning to the crisis ? Where does you know that there is a financial crisis ? What so you think about the € ? What do you think about Greek and it's situation ? Do you afraid about the crisis ?

I wish you all a nice week
Nicole
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Medal10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Coffee10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by SOMU Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:39 am

Great topic about euro crisis. We can start a discussion on it.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Hug10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi, my dear Nicole and Somu! I Agree The Eurocrisis is a really relevant situation, so I also agree it deserves to be discussed! So go ahead and opnen the thread. I've wanted to discuss this topic! Happy
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:22 pm

I think the topic is a good point of discussion, principally of there is anyone who ignores how important it is in a global scale.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:45 am

Hi! I don't know if we can talk about protests and their real effect, or about the abortion rate inthe world - I read about it this week, and the number is scandalous!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am

I Agree Good topics, GrumpyElf! Bring them on!

A reminder:
The member who has proposed and opened the topic must keep the thread alive. At least for a week. PC User Their active participation will make the discussion successful!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:30 am

My proposal for the New Discussion of the week is this sentences:

"We don't think, we google. "

I heard this sentences in the last lesson from my course English B2 so thanks to my teacher there.

What do you think about searching machines like google?
Do you think we use them to much ? Do you think the phrasal is right and people don't think today ?

When you like to discuss this topic let it me know.

Best wishes
Nicole
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Discussion of the Week: Proposals Medal10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Coffee10 Discussion of the Week: Proposals Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:57 am

Yay! Yay!!!! I do like this topic! There are many things to talk about it!
So if you feel like opening the thread and, why not, creating a poll, feel free to do so. This is a massive topic! Yes!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:58 am

Let's talk about Christmas, or about celebrations, their traditions and their origin. Don't you think so?
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:00 am

Applause I like the topic! Yes! Very suitable for these days!
So go on, please start the thread!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:01 am

We could also talk about this article: http://www.humanism.org.uk/news/view/961 They're banning creationism in schools - or trying to do so.

Also, we could talk about SOPA and PIPA and the Mega Upload closure.
Or we could talk about emergency measures for disasters.

Three topics proposed. Wink
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm

There's already a thread on SOPA in the Technology forum. Wink

I think the natural disasters topic would be fantastic. We talked a bit about it in the previous forum when the earthquake struck Japan; also, we mentioned the consequences of floods during the winter crisis. Yet, I think we could make it practical by discussing it, so go ahead, Grumpy! Yes! Open the topic!

Bring the section back to life! Razz
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:41 pm

I think we could also talk about bullfighting. It is a polemic topic today after Catalunia's step and the current events in Bogota.
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Pk! Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi!
For the Discussion of the Week, I think that a great and interesting topic could be the use of the social networks, in general of the net, advantages and disadvantages, in order to change or motivate to the people to think more at the time of use the net, the lastest news about the net reported the censured of some web pages, accused of piracy.
Angela Pk!
Angela Pk!
Baby Forum Member
Baby Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Big Party Hi, Angela!!! Welcome Welcome to the family!!! Yay!

Thanks for your suggestions! Wink I firmly believe these topics deserve further discussion. We have discussed about Facebook, its privacy policies and its benefits and drawbacks. We have also talked about Google and the incidence of this tool in our everyday activities, and there's another discussion about SOPA (the Stop Online Piracy Act). I think these discussions must continue, so if you want to contribute with your opinions, I'd truly thank you, Angela. Yes! I agree with you, these are not only interesting, but also relevant discussions!

Hug I'm so happy to see you in the forum!!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I agree with the topic Angela Pk! propose. It's very important to have some things in account when you're a social network user. As we've talked with Anita about privacy problems.
And also about censoring some web pages like Megaupload.

As I was an user of that server it helped me to find some books otherwise I wouldn't have access to. Because they are too expensive or because they are not sold here in Colombia. And the thing is that the ones who approve those kind of sites say that knowledge is free. But on the other hand, what if you were the writer of the book or the musician who wrote the song you illegally download, you'd feel stolen, wouldn't you?
Misor
Misor
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Tue May 08, 2012 2:50 pm

I would push the topic a bit.

That's my proposal for this week:
What do you think about the situation from animals in a animal shelter ?
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed May 09, 2012 1:14 am

Yay! I love the topic!!!
I think it's really worth discussing this issue!!

Yes! Please, Nicole, go on!! Open the topic! I'll try my best to promote it! Wink
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down