English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Practical Ways To Work Out I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Practical Ways To Work Out

5 posters

Go down

Practical Ways To Work Out Empty Practical Ways To Work Out

Post by Anita Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:29 pm

If you're a couch potato like me, you'll be interested in this thread...

Many of us do NOT have the time to go to a gym. I Don\'t Know No
But there should be a practical way for us to work out in the middle of our daily routine, so that ou physical performance isn't sacrificed. Would you like to give some advice? What a Face

The person who gives the best advice will be the winner of... self-satisfaction and lots of respect from the forum members. Whistle

Last edited by Anita on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Practical Ways To Work Out Medal10 Practical Ways To Work Out Hug10 Practical Ways To Work Out Pooky10 Practical Ways To Work Out Cockta10 Practical Ways To Work Out Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Practical Ways To Work Out Empty Re: Practical Ways To Work Out

Post by SOMU Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Walking is the best excise try as mush as do your works by walking.
SOMU
SOMU
Prolific E4F! Member!
Prolific E4F! Member!

My Mood : Positive

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Practical Ways To Work Out Hug10 Practical Ways To Work Out Rose

http://www.blueeyeforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:10 pm

My best way to work out is to train Taekwondo in the evening after the work.
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Practical Ways To Work Out Medal10 Practical Ways To Work Out Coffee10 Practical Ways To Work Out Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Wow! Walking and Taekwondo!

Walking is very simple, yet very useful. IT's a practical way to boost your cardiovascular health mainly if you do it on a daily basis. Some people take it for granted as they work a lot. Still, it's worth spending minimum two hours on a walk. Yes!

So you practice Taekwondo, Nicole! I've heard it's a wonderful practice, as well, as it also helps you develop mental discipline. How long have you been practicing taekwondo?

Dancing's another helpful workout activity. Besides being fun, it's a challenge for your body, and you can work on every muscle. You develop agility, motricity and fine movements. When I grow up, I wanna try some. Razz
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Practical Ways To Work Out Medal10 Practical Ways To Work Out Hug10 Practical Ways To Work Out Pooky10 Practical Ways To Work Out Cockta10 Practical Ways To Work Out Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I practicing Taekwondo since I was a child. I think I practice it for more than 17 years. When I grow up, I wanna try to dance, too. Razz
Nicole
Nicole
Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Practical Ways To Work Out Medal10 Practical Ways To Work Out Coffee10 Practical Ways To Work Out Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZydG0KO_sV1I9uFVksxmYpBz7NQ3-TY1saac3lMytQcsqr4gBsEMWdbE

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 am

Dancing is really good practice! It's fun and healthy. It's a social skill, too.

But I think it is necessary that people take their time to practice sport at least 10 or 20 minutes a day. Our body deserves it. Just 10 minutes before you leave home, stretch your body, jog, run... Do anything that helps your body!

Just 10 minutes a day, and of course our body deserves more!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : Practical Ways To Work Out Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:07 pm

I agree with you, GrumpyElf! Yes!
I guess some people's problem is that they don't know how to work out.

Stretching, for example, is as easy as you can't imagine, but we need to know how to do it. And it takes about 5 minutes!

It helps you exercise some basic musles and boost your flexibility. You can do it once you get up, before starting your day. This routine is useful before and after exercising or doing sport.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi, people! Hi
Despite being checking papers, I've had the chance to watch some fantastic documentaries on sundry topics (even about car making!).

Indeed, there's a presenter, journalist and doctor whose documentaries I find fascinating. He is Dr Michael Mosley, producer and journalist for the BBC. He has some captivating documentaries such as Medical Mavericks, The History of Science, Blood and Guts: A History of Surgery, Pleasure and Pain, A History of the Brain (one of my favourites) and Inside the Human Body (my top 1) among others.

But last week, while watching one of the BBC Horizon documentaries, The Truth About Exercise, I couldn't help thinking of this thread. Actually, I find the development and conclusion of this film really arguable. Suspect

The article lasts an hour, I hope you don't mind watching it. It's entertaining anyway! Applause

What do yo think of the video?

Static Cheers!
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Killer Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:13 pm

I play football and basketball with my brothers and girlfriend, but i play twice a month. Is that exercise?
Cereal Killer
Cereal Killer
Content Poster
Content Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Of course that is exercise! But the thing is to do it at least once a week.
Do you play in a team?

I am watching the video that Anita posted.
You like documentaries, don't you, Anita? Mmm...
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:41 am

MusicElf wrote:You like documentaries, don't you, Anita? Practical Ways To Work Out 2458268739
I love them! cheers Indeed, all the time I don't spent on sports goes to watching documentaries and checking sources. Practical Ways To Work Out 481982875

Well, HIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) as shown in the documentary - though it's not as new as they mention, is a way of exercise in which, instead of a prolonged time of moderate exercise, implies very short spans of heavier and demanding exercise followed by short breaks, a method which results in a better aerobic and anaerobic capacity. Athletes have used this method for ages, the thing is that now it seems effective for ordinary people as well, including those who loathe gyms. According to research, spinning (biking) and sprinting seem to be the most effective routines for HIT in an ordinary exerciser.
It doesn't work for swimming, though, as this sport has its science and needs to be done carefully to make the most of it.

More info about HIT is here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jun/10/can-get-fit-five-minutes
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm

So now science is serving lazy people? Neutral
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 am

Sort of. But to make the long story short, science is making exercise attainable. Today's routine makes exercising at the gym harder due to time issues, so alternatives to complement our lifestyle by means of practical tasks is not bad, and mainly keeping in mind it doesn't work exactly the same for everyone, as the video demonstrates.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down