English4Fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowSat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowSat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowFri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowFri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
City Pollution and Life Style I_right_arrowTue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 148 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

City Pollution and Life Style

2 posters

Go down

City Pollution and Life Style Empty City Pollution and Life Style

Post by Anita Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Last week, a Chinese city was taking aback by a warning and an unusual environmental event...

Yahoo! News wrote:City Pollution and Life Style Photo_1339426277916-1-0
Young and old residents of the Chinese metropolis of Wuhan were advised to stay indoors on Monday after a thick haze blanketed the city of nine million people, official media said.

Described by residents as opaque with yellowish and greenish tinges, the fug descended suddenly in the morning, prompting people to rush to put on face masks, witnesses told AFP.

The official Xinhua news agency quoted the environmental protection department of Hubei province saying in a statement: "Children, the elderly and people with heart or respiratory diseases are advised to stay indoors."

Xinhua said straw burning was the cause and denied there had been any industrial accidents in or near Wuhan, after Internet rumours suggested there had been an explosion at a chemical complex northeast of the city.
It reminds me of an article I read in a local news website here in my country, which claims that there is a large number of potential risks in daily activities such as eating, drinking water or even breathing, due to pollution. It's a really sad situation, it goes without saying. Crying or Very sad

What's the situation like in the place where you live? Is there any special environmental concern in your country? If you could change anything, what would it be?
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : City Pollution and Life Style Medal10 City Pollution and Life Style Hug10 City Pollution and Life Style Pooky10 City Pollution and Life Style Cockta10 City Pollution and Life Style Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

City Pollution and Life Style Empty Re: City Pollution and Life Style

Post by MusicElf Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:42 am

In Bogota we have the horrible Bogota river, polluted by citizens and industries which have not been penalized. I think it is the most polluted river in the world. Am I right?

City Pollution and Life Style Bogota-River-Contaminated

City Pollution and Life Style 554469_465054690176970_1582876531_n

Not to mention the pollution of the city air itself!! You must see the city sky at 7 am, when there is a large dark cloud of toxic gas.

City Pollution and Life Style Bogota_downtown

Anyway, I think it is nothing if we compare it with China.

Anita, don´t you think the article from El Espectador is exaggerated? Evil or Very Mad
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : City Pollution and Life Style Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 am

Eww!! Those pics make me sick. It reminded me of a trip I had to the School´s Little Tables (Mesitas del Colegio ROTF, a town in thee Department of Cundinamarca). We had to go next to this awful river, it´s really sad how damaged it is. It will be more than 40 years before this river is clean, if they do clean it.

I don´t think the article is exaggerated. In some countries, food and air pollution has reached a dramatic level never seen before. Young kids suffer from serious illness and life quality has gone down, and the only reason is the toxic waste we take in every day in the simplest way. So there´s no doubt this alert is down-to-earth.
Anita
Anita
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : City Pollution and Life Style Medal10 City Pollution and Life Style Hug10 City Pollution and Life Style Pooky10 City Pollution and Life Style Cockta10 City Pollution and Life Style Sunflower_Icon

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:52 pm

OK, the situation is serious. But remember fear is business.
That's why they scare people with global warming issues when the environment is facing other kinds of problems, more serious and immediate.
If the government really cared about these warnings, they would immediately penalize those companies which pollute towns, steal natural resources and produce harmful products. Do they? Nahh! They are accomplices!
MusicElf
MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts : City Pollution and Life Style Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down